• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D302 without D300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D302 without D300

Can D302 be used as a standalone polish or is designed to be used only after D300?

Re: D302 without D300

You can definitely use D302 as a standalone polish. Even though it was designed to be used to remove any haze left behind by D300, it can still give great results if you aren't looking for any major correction. You can use it either with a microfiber finishing pad or even a yellow foam pad, then follow up with your wax of choice. It's a pretty versatile product so if you already have it on hand, give it a try and see how it works on your particular paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Yes, D302 is somewhat like Ultimate Polish, only less abrasive and not as heavy, so it fits into any setup.
        Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
        4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
        First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Zach McGovern of Attention To Detailing gives his product review of the Meguiar's D302!
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

^^ Wow, for a product that's supposed to have very little cut, I'm surprised at the level of correction that Zach was able to achieve with just D302 & MF finishing pads!

Maybe the Rupes MF finishing pads are more aggressive than the Meg's ones, or maybe the paint was on the soft side...
            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

You also have to consider the large throw of the machine.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Yes, true.

Still impressive nonetheless.

Comment

So there are is an abrasive load in D302?

Comment

Originally posted by drumdan View Post
                    So there are is an abrasive load in D302?
                    Very little abrasives. It's been said it has less cut than ultimate polish.
                    99 Grand Prix
                    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                      Very little abrasives. It's been said it has less cut than ultimate polish.
                      D302 actually is a pure polish. Meaning it has no abrasives in it at all. It was meant for the DA Microfiber system to help remove DA haze on finicky paint systems.

It is completely dependent on Pad and machine for any cut involved when using it.
                      Christopher Brown | OCDCarCare Los Angeles - Auto Detailing Services & Training Courses
                      OCDCarCare.com | FACEBOOK| Detailing Article Archive | INSTAGRAM
                      2013 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, 2015 SEMA Car Crazy Corral

Comment

Ha! I've heard Kevin Brown mention on a AMMO podcast that 302 is completely non abrasive, and have read company literature that states that it is....

I haven't put it to use yet, but I do have a bottle. I have no choice but to give it a spin!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');