• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any hope for this? Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any hope for this? Please help

This is my sister's 2014 Accord. She rarely takes care of it since she is so busy with her job. She recently came home and the car was piled with bird poop. After cleaning the hood one section left a visible mark. What exactly is it and is there any hopes of it coming off? I am so sad right now because the car was brand new and she did not appreciate it. I have already ordered Meguiar's ultimate compound, polish and liquid wax. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Re: Is there any hope for this? Please help

Can you feel it or scrape at it?

Or feels like in the paint?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Ouch... must have been on there for a while...

I was going to ask the same as Murr.
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Welcome to MOL.

I posted this link in this thread recently http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...lack-Auto-Hood

Two Types of Bird Dropping Etchings Copyright ©PBMA - AutogeekOnline.net® All Rights Reserved Two Types of Bird Dropping Etchings Ty

That bird dropping looks like it's etched pretty deep. Give ultimate compound a try and see if it removes it. If it doesn't remove it, then it may at least make it look better. If anything you may have to live with it.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Now, that's a proper paint defect! Excellent picture, too!

It could be a challenge, so I'd proceed very carefully if this is by hand - better to use a machine (couldn't tell from your post). You may have to live with some of the pattern, as there look like about 3 areas where it's the strongest. The rest, or maybe all of it, who knows, MAY come out with a combination of claying, careful DA compounding with UC, maybe even some 2500 or 3000 grit sandpaper as a "nuclear option" along with compounding. Plenty of polish and a carnauba wax (followed by your UW, as indicated) may also hide whatever is left, but it will need to be maintained. It also may possibly fade away further after repeated cycles of these steps over a year's worth of TLC.

The important thing is to do something soon and at least get some protection on there for your sister. This will be less likely to happen again if the surface is regularly cleaned and protected. However, you have to remember this is not your car, and other people sometimes just are not going to care about regular detailing. If your sister is fine with you working on it, then this can be a great way to learn It could also be a minefield
          Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
          4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
          First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');