• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I Wash My Motorcycle Tires with Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Wash My Motorcycle Tires with Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner?

Just wondering if this was okay. I didn't see on the back where not for Motorcycles. Will this make MC tires slick or not? I like the fact that it is not harsh. Ideally would like to switch to a waterless tire and wheel cleaner. I told by an older rider that continual use of water and soap in wheel area will cause loss of greases and oils on bearings and areas and cause problems down the road. Please help. Michael also please chime in.

Thanks guys in advance!

Re: Can I Wash My Motorcycle Tires with Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner?

Of course you can use GC Shampoo all over your bike. It's very mild. The wheel bearings are likely sealed, unless this is a very old bike. I wouldn't worry too much about scrubbing the actual tread on the tires, though. I also wouldn't use too much water pressure on the various parts of the bike. You can use tire foam or dressing on the sidewalls, but maybe scuff off the tread afterward before cornering
    Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
    4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
    First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Re: Can I Wash My Motorcycle Tires with Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner?

After spray cleaner on the wheels and rotors, I used CG shampoo and conditioner to soap and rinse the both and rinse. Then I used the GC shampoo and conditioner to scrub my tires side walls and noticed no slickness at time of wash, after drying, nor after taking a ride. If it conditions the tires (which I'm not sure, it conditions paint) than that would be an added plus. It's good stuff. Left my tires black again (not dress black, but MC tire natural black). Thumbs up for the product!
      Mark will you chime in to let us know your thoughts please.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');