• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mercedes-Benz C 250 CGI Severely Water mineral deposit and water Mark rescue by KC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mercedes-Benz C 250 CGI Severely Water mineral deposit and water Mark rescue by K

I just got called to wash this car again.. I've never really had the need to use a "drying aid" until now. What would you guys recommend to wipe off the possible water spots after the wash? D156, D115, or D114?

And what if anything would be even more fit for the situation? Last Touch? UQD?

Comment

Re: Mercedes-Benz C 250 CGI Severely Water mineral deposit and water Mark rescue by K

If no blower, I'd try to flood, then wipe with UWWA/D115 and/or UQW/D156 (GCQW in my case).
      Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
      4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
      First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Eldorado, any of those you mentioned would work. It depends what you have on hand, and what's important to you/your customer.

- D156 would be the most durable
        - UWWA would be the safest and offer most lubricity
        - LT is the most economical and is still a great product (under-rated IMO)
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I have a blower, and I do flood.. However within a second of flooding appear water spots from a previous rinse. I know that sounds weird and I've never had a car's paint be this finicky.. It's the only car that requires me to apply pressure while trying to dry it, which I don't normally like to do.

As far as products, I guess I was looking for someone to confirm and possibly explain how D156 removes quik water stains after a wash. My thinking is since it's a spray wax without any cleaners, could it backfire and seal the waterspots into the paint instead of cleaning them off? Maybe I'm overthinking it?

I was thinking about trying D156 in place of D115 which was super hard/rough to apply/remove last time I attempted on this car.

I think I'll just do everyone [customer and I] a favor and recommend a light polish & wax. I believe that's what this cars paint is begging for.

Comment

Sure seems like an odd situation. They're paying a pro to wash their car, but they never wax it? Scratchin' my head.

I guess I'd wash with UWW instead, for one thing. Then, dry with D156 and maybe two towels, a wet one and a wax one. This will put at least a minor layer of something down on the neglected surface for any spots to sit atop, but you'll be putting a QW wipe over that and it will be protected, if not corrected.
            Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
            4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
            First Correction | Gallery

Comment

I finally got the paint to cooperate.
              This time I used Shampoo Plus instead of Gold Class and began drying immediately after rinsing instead of messing around with the blower 1st.
              The car is back in my cool book

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');