• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Da 7204 and ultra cut compound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Da 7204 and ultra cut compound

Hi all

yesterday i've worked a little on black paint 20 years old, i have the DA polisher

last year i gave it one hand ultimate compound and one hand color x, unfortunately under sun and light there were a lot of swirls, marrs

So yesterday

First attempt with yellow pad and ultra finishing polish, not works yet as i want.. Speed 1-2

second attempt with black pad and ultra cut compound not works yet speed 1-2

at the end i've find out this combination that is well working IMO red pad and ultra cut compound low speed 1 most of the time, sometime if requires, for deep scars i've used speed 4 just a moment

what do you think to use speed 1 with red pad on DA.?

Re: Da 7204 and ultra cut compound

Speed 1 is way too slow for doing any type of correction work.

That's probably why you got no correction from your first two attempts.

Ideally, you would use M105 and/or M205 at speed 4 - 5.5, on a yellow polishing pad.

*EDIT* to avoid confusion:

M105 = Ultra Cut Compound
    M205 = Ultra Finishing Polish

Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Thank you davey, in this case way to move Da polisher?

Is this a right one?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Po39KcVjbLQ

Comment

Yes, that's generally right, except his arm speed was too fast in that video. They tend to do that in demonstration videos.

What I mean is you need to move your arm much slower along the paint to do any real correction. About 1 inch per second as a guide.

Also, don't be afraid to bump the speed up above 4 if needed.
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
          Yes, that's generally right, except his arm speed was too fast in that video. They tend to do that in demonstration videos.

What I mean is you need to move your arm much slower along the paint to do any real correction. About 1 inch per second as a guide.

Also, don't be afraid to bump the speed up above 4 if needed.
          This and the work area was large. It's typical to work smaller areas such as a 2foot by 2 foot or shoulder width apart.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

I was going to say that too, but forgot.

Comment

Thanks

Could works m105 with black pad?

Comment

That's not how you'd normally use M105. It may work depending on the paint, severity of defects and what you're trying to achieve.

Only a test spot will tell you for sure. But I wouldn't hesitate to go straight to M105 on a yellow polishing pad.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');