• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guy here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy here!

Greetings!

I'm 100% new to anything related to cleaning, waxing, polishing, detailing, or anything related to keeping a car in good shape. I'm hoping to learn things from the pro's and ultimately be able to take care of a couple of light scratch on my 08 Audi S6.

Is there any tutorials or steps I can be reading through? One of the things that overwhelm me is that there are tons of products out in the market that do different things. I've always thought of waxing as something simple. It turns out that I have to know what a cutting compound is and how well it works with a polish or glaze.

Any assistance is appreciated!

Re: New guy here!

Hello Tek. Welcome to MOL. Detailing can be as simple as waxing a clean car or as complex as you WANT it to be. There are many facets to detailing such as cleaning, correction, polishing, sealing, waxing, maintaining, glass, wheels, tires, (lots more!) Meguiars has produced many short videos that are excellent tutorials. Check these out via Youtube.

But especially, spend lots of time reading in MOL. There's tons of great info here. Don't be afraid to ask questions. You already broke the ice. Go for it!

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');