• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought a new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a new car

Good morning people. I'm new here, but a long time fan of Meguiars products. I have a question that maybe someone can point me in a direction. I just bought a 2015 Challenger, with the 392 engine. Its fun as hell, but my question is this. Does anyone have any suggestions for a topical spray or other type of preservative, to keep the aluminum under the hood bright? I know there are numerous products to wipe on/polish aluminum, but many places you cant get to without major disassembly. I was thinking a thin coat of something that its "fog" could get in nooks would be awesome. It cant yellow, and I'd think it should NOT remain tacky. I was thinking of hitting it with WD40 every so often, but I dunno if theres something meant for this purpose out there

I appreciate your suggestions.
    Jim

Re: Just bought a new car

Welcome to MOL.

DON'T spray WD40 on your car unless you're trying to remove tar (even so there are better products) OR are trying to protect an area from rust during the winter (which I have done for years with great success).

WD40 is a dirt and dust MAGNET. It will cause a greasy gunk to build up that's a pain to remove (which is what I go through every spring when I wash the protective WD40 coating off the rockers, door jambs etc).
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

How about furniture polish? Shouldnt yellow, but will it protect aliminum from oxidizing? Any other suggestions?

Comment

Meguiars metal polishes will keep that aluminum looking good. Seal the metal and polish routinely and you should be good.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

try something like in the link..WD40 would be cause big issues…a great product but not a detailing product..Post some pics of the stuff you want to maintain/detail.

Comment

This is the stuff I'd like to keep bright: (I hope this works)

Comment

meguiar's Engine dressing should work, will keep all rubber and plastics looking good.

use meguiars metal polish on reachable parts

Comment

When you are saying "Meguiar's Engine Dressing" what are you referring to? Something that isn't available over here?

Thanx...

Bill

Comment

I hope this works.
                  propecia pishop.de

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');