• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Hasn't Meguiar's Introduced a Paint Coating Product Yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why Hasn't Meguiar's Introduced a Paint Coating Product Yet?

Water beading or water sheeting? Isn't UV protection what we want to protect the clearcoat?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bear View Post
      Water beading or water sheeting? Isn't UV protection what we want to protect the clearcoat?
      I suppose that depends on the end user.

Comment

Originally posted by drumdan View Post
        I suppose that depends on the end user.
        What I want, is a one time coating that provides UV protection, extreme gloss, and water sheeting.....so I never have to fuss with detailing again. Failing that, I want a dedicated personal driver, who will wash and wax as necessary, while I am at the golf club enjoying a game and an adult beverage. Unfortunately neither of those dreams will happen.

Comment

Again I say ... pro version, consumer version, beading, sheeting, permanent, long lasting, UV protection ... WHATEVER!! Can't we just get a comment from the source? It's as though we were posting on Autogeek or Autopia and waiting for someone from Meguiar's to join in.

Okay, I should clarify. I'm not really irritated or put out by the fact that this thread is being ignored. After all, my product line-up at the shop is 90% Meguiar's. And I see no reason to jump ship. I'm just plum curious!

Comment

Curiosity is what gets me because nothing is wrong what i am using. Cars stay clean, no water spots, etc... i been using sealer and wax for sometime now but just bought a new car and I just may jump ship to try this coating everyone is talking about.

Comment

Blueline, as you get older, you will learn to dream bigger!!!

"What I want,"
              A 22 oz spray bottle, that when product is lightly misted over the paint, it fixes clear coat failure!
              Like a vivid dream, I can see it know.
              A convenient and clear container, with crystal clear fluid containing little suspended sparking flakes too big to leave the nozzle.
              The black, red and gold trimmed Maguiar's logo and the new "Ultimate Magic Stuff" name.

Ewwwwwwweee. I want some of that.

Comment

Let's think about this, should Meguiar's Introduce a Paint Coating:

From a business aspect: I would have to say no as this would theoretically reduce sales as less product would be sold, from the positive side they would easily see higher margins from a paint coating compared to a sealant or wax.
                From a Product Perspective: I would say no, for some reason people think paint coatings are the best thing for your car. In the end there is no coating technology out there that will last forever. Paint coatings just like waxes and sealant need to be maintained properly and refreshed.

My two sense
                : I rather have a quality paint sealant and wax on my car any day of the week. As I can layer these types of coatings and refresh them very easily. I rather be able to do a IPA wipe and apply a new layer of paint sealant & Wax vs having to polish off of coating to be able to reapply a coating.

Comment

Check out the 2 part AMMO NYC podcast with Jason Rose, formerly of Meguiar's. He goes in depth as to the struggles Meguiar's is facing with launching a coating here in the states.

Comment

Here:

Comment

Originally posted by drumdan View Post
                      Drumdan,
                      Thank you, I had not listened to these before but I listened to both podcast last night and they were so informing on many aspects.

I agree 100% with both Larry and Jason regarding coatings, there are so many false claims being made by coating companies and there is no clear way to determine which coating is best as consumers look at coatings differently.

For me I am testing a few coatings on my company car just to get a better understanding of them, but overall I am staying completely away from coatings and going with AMMO NYC paint protection system for all my other cars and all of my customers cars as I like a system that is layer-able and is easy to remover when needing to do paint correction.

Comment

Originally posted by HCAD View Post
                        Again I say ... pro version, consumer version, beading, sheeting, permanent, long lasting, UV protection ... WHATEVER!! Can't we just get a comment from the source? It's as though we were posting on Autogeek or Autopia and waiting for someone from Meguiar's to join in.

Okay, I should clarify. I'm not really irritated or put out by the fact that this thread is being ignored. After all, my product line-up at the shop is 90% Meguiar's. And I see no reason to jump ship. I'm just plum curious!
                        I wouldn't quite call this an official reply, but about as close to it as we can reasonably provide. For starters, it isn't that we are ignoring the thread, it's more that it's virtually impossible to answer this question without drumming up all kinds of guessing and conspiracy theories.

So, what I will say is that we are certainly well aware of the existence and continued popularity of coatings in some segments of the detailing world. Without going into politics or too much detail that could be detrimental to our brand and future product development, I will say that being the company that we are, we are forced to play by slightly different rules than some when it comes to the materials we can use and the claims we can make. And aside from what we "have" to do, we also culturally prefer to be honest, real and direct about our product claims. It defines who we are as a company.

We aren't going to jump into something just because a lot of others are doing it - we do things if and when we have something worthy of our brand - and only then. I am sure everyone will want to read into that, but try not to get too caught up in it. Just know that we are very aware of coatings and their real and perceived benefits and we appreciate the comments and feedback as always.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerken View Post
                          Drumdan,
                          Thank you, I had not listened to these before but I listened to both podcast last night and they were so informing on many aspects.

I agree 100% with both Larry and Jason regarding coatings, there are so many false claims being made by coating companies and there is no clear way to determine which coating is best as consumers look at coatings differently.

For me I am testing a few coatings on my company car just to get a better understanding of them, but overall I am staying completely away from coatings and going with AMMO NYC paint protection system for all my other cars and all of my customers cars as I like a system that is layer-able and is easy to remover when needing to do paint correction.
                          The gap between sealants and coatings will probably be bridged in the more near future. I would imagine they would be sprayed on, like Ultimate Quik Wax. Fast, easy, fills swirls, lasts for two or more years...

Maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                            I wouldn't quite call this an official reply, but about as close to it as we can reasonably provide. For starters, it isn't that we are ignoring the thread, it's more that it's virtually impossible to answer this question without drumming up all kinds of guessing and conspiracy theories.
                            Thanks for your "unofficial" input Mark. I think you did a fine job answering the question, and I'll limit my conspiracy theories to politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerken View Post
                              I rather have a quality paint sealant and wax on my car any day of the week. As I can layer these types of coatings and refresh them very easily. I rather be able to do a IPA wipe and apply a new layer of paint sealant & Wax vs having to polish off of coating to be able to reapply a coating.
                              Is that really true about all ceramic coatings? I thought that if the previous layer of your coating was still half decent (ie not super old and half worn off) that you could just apply another fresh layer right on top of it without having to remove the previous layer first.
                              2018 Torch Red Corvette

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');