• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2002 Camaro Z28 Now Coated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2002 Camaro Z28 Now Coated

Thanks Michael.

I love some of the language in these product reviews. They have a colourful way of describing something that's can sometimes be quite ordinary! (Not having a go at Car Pro in particular).
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Missed the thread originally - it looks great! If you'd told me it was D301, for example, I wouldn't be able to argue otherwise from the pics. I mean, Nano on that paint does not look like the plasti-dip I associate with coatings. It's quite dark and wet looking.
      Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
      4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
      First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Thanks. Coatings have been changing a lot lately. So far I am pleased after washing it for the first time. Air drying it is nice when the water just glides off due to the surface tension.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Just a quick follow up. First of all the coating was doing just fine. It's shy of 4 months.

So my dad decided to paint the gates at his house. Let's just say that there was white overspray on the paint and on the glass. He thought his car would be ok parked on the street away from the house.

I contacted Barry Theal about whether or not claying would compromise the coating. He mentioned to me that if it's with light pressure and lots of lubrication the coating would be ok. I gave that a shot but the overspray is just too much and required more work to remove. The claying compromised the coating especially on the flat panels (roof, hood, spoiler), as water just sits on the paint. Some of the sides look ok. Same goes for the DP Glass Coating. That will need to be reapplied.

I will be polishing his car to remove any remaining coating and will probably just go with a sealant for now as I am out of Ameriarmour since I used it on my Camaro. I just want to put something on the paint just to be prepared for this El Nino that is supposed to happen here in So Cal.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Wow that's unfortunate how much overspray can wind up on a vehicle from someone down the street spray painting their fence. I wonder what all the neighbors cars look like now? Yikes, lol.

And what's this about El Nino? Are we supposed to see alot of rain this winter?

Comment

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
              Wow that's unfortunate how much overspray can wind up on a vehicle from someone down the street spray painting their fence. I wonder what all the neighbors cars look like now? Yikes, lol.

And what's this about El Nino? Are we supposed to see alot of rain this winter?
              I think he was parked on the street in front of the house. I have to ask him. The good things is it was during the week so a majority of the neighborhood was at work. But yeah I am curious to see who else has overspray lol. I'll tell them to call you if they need it removed lol.

Seriously where have you been. El Nino has been the topic of the summer. Last I read, there's a 90% chance that it is supposed to happen.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

I don't watch TV. Lmao

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');