• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which wax would resemble Quick Detailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which wax would resemble Quick Detailer?

The past 4 years ive been using Ultimate wax and maintaining with Ultimate Quick wax on my black Lexus. I use to love it and it looks great all year round. But because of that im tired of the look now. I get no satisfaction after waxing because my car looks the same as it did before lol. Ive always loved the way my car looked after claying with Quick Detailer. I was so blown away this past time that I didnt even want to wax it with the UW. The Quick Detailer seems to give it this really deep dark black look. Which other Megs wax out there would resemble this look?

Re: Which wax would resemble Quick Detailer?

M26 might be the ticket for you but won't last as long as ULW.
    I like Ultimate Liquid wax put on super thin with a 7424 and a blue flat pad on my black GM paint.
    Those come to mind with the Ultimate detailer on black concept.

Comment

Agreed m26. But really any carnauba would b a change of pace for u. Like he said tho the longevity isn't on par with ulw but that doesn't seem to be ur issue as u like to wax. Or u could use ulw and then top with m26 for that carnauba look but added longevity of the synthetic. U have so many options. Even switching to nxt 2.0 will give u a different look. Most people can't tell the difference in waxes on cars except car guys like ourselves.

Comment

I agree with both of these guys. You may want to give topping UW with M26. It's a great combo. Also M21/NXT will give a little different look. It will give more of a candy coated look. If you want to try and oldie but goodie try M21/M26. NXT is the consumer version of M21.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Or going toward gold class spray wax, if that's still around.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Did someone say "carnauba"?

I agree with the others, technomafia. You can try an easy experiment. Buy some easy to find Gold Class Quik Wax. Apply that with a fresh towel instead of UQW in your process and see what you think. Look at it in different lights, etc. It will wear away if you don't like it. If you do like it, you can then switch to Gold Class regular wax, or Mirror Glaze M26 Yellow Wax, as the others suggest (GC/M26 will have a yellow-black "cast"), or Detailer D301 (which will have a blue-black "cast"), but the GC will be easy to find in the stores and a lot cheaper to try. From there, you may be hooked on the carnauba look
            Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
            4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
            First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');