• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars M26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars M26

An all time favorite. Easy to apply, second coat is a charm

and protection that's above waxes 3 times the cost.

In companion of a fresh supreme shine microfiber towel. Perfect for any given Sunday. (or weekday )

Applicator pad included.

A little trick to open the lid....and it won't cost you a penny. Get it??

Applicator ready to go!!

Its always good to know your product. Read the easy to follow instructions. Or call the Rx hotline.

Re: Meguiars M26

I'm looking to pick some of this up and try it for the 1st time on a black Mercedes Benz I'll be correcting soon.. Walmart has it for less than $10 wow.

Btw what kind of car did you use it on? Pictures?
    Last edited by Eldorado2k; Jun 5, 2015, 10:11 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

I have used a lot of waxes and this is still my #1 favorite carnauba.

Surprised you don't have this.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Please excuse; I guess i had problem with images....

A little trick to open the lid....and it won't cost you a penny. Get it??

Its always good to know your product. Read the easy to follow instructions. Or call the Rx hotline.

Comment

Awesome product love shots, Juliom! I always wanted to try M26, but now I've switched to what is effectively "blue wax", D301 and love it. I realize it's in the name, "Yellow Wax", but does M26 yellow as much as Gold Class?
          Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
          4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
          First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Seems like I recall the old yellow cans of M26 terribly turning trim white. It's good to know that has changed.

Comment

You can see in the picture it says "KEEP OFF VINYL, RUBBER AND CLOTH SURFACES.^

Comment

I've seen numerous folks say it won't turn white on trim and just naturally took their (Meg's) word for it since the product can does say, "Does not dry white". I took that statement to mean it won't turn trim white, unlike the older product. Doesn't really matter. I gave up on this stuff before most users were born. It's been at least 20-25 years since I've used it and mostly gave up on it then because it was hard to remove and the cans kept rusting inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytman View Post
                  I've seen numerous folks say it won't turn white on trim and just naturally took their (Meg's) word for it since the product can does say, "Does not dry white". I took that statement to mean it won't turn trim white, unlike the older product. Doesn't really matter. I gave up on this stuff before most users were born. It's been at least 20-25 years since I've used it and mostly gave up on it then because it was hard to remove and the cans kept rusting inside.
                  It's best to keep any wax off trim. This one will stain trim. The "Does not dry white" statement refers to how it dries on the paint and not trim. I find this to be one of the easiest waxes to remove. A thin coat really helps.
                  99 Grand Prix
                  02 Camaro SS

Comment

Oh, I agree 100% it's best to keep any wax away from trim and some of my troubles with the early M26 was user error, but eventually I learned to apply it thin. Still didn't like to remove it, but that was then.

I'm just trying, somehow, to justify buying a new can of M26 and that's a little hard to do when ULW is as good as it is.

What color is it when it dries? Why would it dry differently on paint than on trim?

Comment

Guess what I'm getting at is drying white on good healthy paint has never been an issue for me with any wax. Tough removal was more of an issue. As thinly as we've learned to apply these waxes today most all remove easily. Mothers Pure Carnuaba Paste dries white and other wax do as well, yet others dry a transparent color of the wax in the can, so I don't see the point in even mentioning "Does not dry white" on the can with regard to paint. Not arguing with you, just that I didn't understand why Meguiar's even mentioned it. It's misleading too because I can see many folks seeing that statement and not reading any further to see the warning.

Still going to try and pick up a can to try again, for the price anyway.

Comment

I've been using quarters all these years!

Except that time they had the black plastic tubs with the screw on lids. I still have mine too.

Total of four tins, and one tub in my arsenal. I've been getting rid of a lot of product, but none of these are going. There was a time when this was the only wax I used on cars.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');