• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D151 + Megs 2015 thin polishing pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D151 + Megs 2015 thin polishing pads

This is how its supposed to be done, right? Just making sure. Cause I read that AIOs are supposed to be used with polishing pads. I wanted to get LC CCS Smart pads green, but wanted thinner pads.

Re: D151 + Megs 2015 thin polishing pads

Yep the megs thin pads will work fine with D151. Actually you can adjust the level of cut/finish based on your pad choice.

Comment

Originally posted by DasBurninator View Post
      Yep the megs thin pads will work fine with D151. Actually you can adjust the level of cut/finish based on your pad choice.
      I completely agree. If you need more cut you can go with the new burgundy pad. This can be said for most AIO's on the market.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Yep, it depends what you're trying to achieve.

Are you using D151 more for it's waxing / LSP properties, or for it's correction ability?
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

More for paint correction. On a friends black scion TC. I ordered 12 pads from AG, all yellow flat. I already have black waxing pads.

Would working the D151 for a longer time produce more cut? Like more section passes. This would be my first paint correcting by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAverageMan View Post
            Would working the D151 for a longer time produce more cut? Like more section passes. This would be my first paint correcting by the way.
            D151 uses super micro abrasive technology (SMAT), non-diminishing, so long buffing cycles are not necessary. It has pretty good cut ability. Of course you could do another section pass with the product if more defect removal is needed. As always, avoid dry buffing.

You could also do another round of D151 polishing by switching to less aggressive pad in second step, for example round one with cutting or polishing pad and round two with finishing pad.

It's still my favorite all-in-one product.

Comment

Try it with a polishing pad first. If it works then continue. If you need more cut then go to a cutting pad.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');