• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D-120 Glass cleaner concentrate: streaks BAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-120 Glass cleaner concentrate: streaks BAD

Hey everyone, I've been learning a lot through the past few months. Ive been really struggling with health issues, but I have bought Xpress spray wax, APC gallons now the glass cleaner concentrate. I have mixed it 10:1 in the Meg's bottle and sprayed it directly on the car's glass and wiped with a clean microfiber towel. I filled with filtered water up to the 10:1 mark, then added the d120 up to the first ridge. All it does it leave streaks horribly bad even after turning the towel for the last wipes. I just end up using Stoner invisible glass because it leaves the glass FAR clearer... What's going wrong?? Theres not too much to screw up here... Is it really just an awful product? Or what am I doing wrong? Thanks
    -TJ

Re: D-120 Glass cleaner concentrate: streaks BAD

Not sure if you are using this on the exterior or interior. It could be that the glass is too hot or possibly too much product being used. Towels could also be the issue if overly saturated or contaminated. A two towel method works best. One to clean and one for a final wipe.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

I was using it on the outside, but was planning on doing inside and out. It's in the 60s here.

Comment

It seemed to start working for some reason, the two-towel method does work best. Ill be using it more today so we will see.

Comment

While you CAN use too much, you can also be using too LITTLE cleaner. Spray enough to get the glass wet then wipe the window with cloth #1 this is where you're picking up the majority of the gunk. Then before the cleaner dries, buff with cloth #2 until dry. Your windows should be clear. Depending on how bad your windows are, you may even want to change out your microfibers every window or every two windows. Once cloth #1 gets filled with dirt and cloth #2 gets DAMP, they are no longer of any use ... this is why it's said you can't have too many microfibers when it comes to detailing a car.
          Don
          12/27/2015
          "Darth Camaro"
          2013 Camaro ... triple black
          323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Originally posted by SLO3K View Post
            It seemed to start working for some reason, the two-towel method does work best. Ill be using it more today so we will see.
            Glad to hear it's working for you. One other thing you may want to look into are glass cleaning towels such as these.

Premium glass & window microfiber towels are designed to leave your surfaces beautiful and streak-free. Made in Korea, these microfiber towels utilize the finest yarns available to ensure premium quality and durability.

They work great on glass.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
              Glad to hear it's working for you. One other thing you may want to look into are glass cleaning towels such as these.

Premium glass & window microfiber towels are designed to leave your surfaces beautiful and streak-free. Made in Korea, these microfiber towels utilize the finest yarns available to ensure premium quality and durability.

They work great on glass.
              I have these and they work great.. Actually never going back to using anything else. As mentioned above, need two, if one becomes a little too saturated, then use the 2nd. I've tried them with both D120 10:1 and Perfect Glass, and in the heat of SW Florida, and do not get any streaking or lint.

Comment

Meguiars Professional Ultimate Wipe Detailing Cloth work awesome. No steak no lint and instead of Windows cleaners I use filter water and only use 1 towel.

Comment

Ill have to look into some glass microfibers. It works well I jus noticed it seems to be very dependent on the kind of microfiber and if its dirty at all it won't work well. The grape soda smell is a bit intoxicating and scary because its chemicals and water and shouldn't smell like a drink. Hah

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');