• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Research help needed for old Meguiars product...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Research help needed for old Meguiars product...

Hi gang,

I've spent some time looking around some of Mike Phillip's articles over at AutogeekOnline and I found a picture that may help us find this mystery product I am looking for.

When you see the photo just remember the bottle had a black plastic pump sprayer on top much like todays M39 bottles.

I located the photo here: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-pictures.html

Just scroll down in Mike's first post to the photo of M7 and the bottles that I'm refering to look much like bottles 3 & 4 with the words Plastic/Vynil Prep on the label. Though it seems like I recall (could be wrong...it's been a long time) that the labels green banner went all the way across the bottle like bottle 3 in that photo, but the words "Plastic/Vynil Prep" and the number were like bottle 4.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Perhaps try contacting Mike Phillips in that thread you posted. Maybe he has an idea of this product.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Tried that a couple years ago. He doesn't recall it either.

Comment

Bill,

That is definitely a 70's bottle that we both remember. I don't remember any spray head, but then I wasn't really looking at the product, just seeing it someplace or somewhere.

I guess my thought of it possibly being from the 'other' Meguiar really was a 'WAG'.

I'm at a total loss now. We need to get those guys from "American Pickers" to start checkin' out old parts stores for us.

There's a couple of yard/garage sales again this weekend locally...I'll try some of 'em. They are pretty pathetic being in a small town.

How's the wing doing?

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by BillE View Post
            Bill,

That is definitely a 70's bottle that we both remember. I don't remember any spray head, but then I wasn't really looking at the product, just seeing it someplace or somewhere.

I guess my thought of it possibly being from the 'other' Meguiar really was a 'WAG'.

I'm at a total loss now. We need to get those guys from "American Pickers" to start checkin' out old parts stores for us.

There's a couple of yard/garage sales again this weekend locally...I'll try some of 'em. They are pretty pathetic being in a small town.

How's the wing doing?

Bill
            The only part of today's M39 bottle that is similar to product I am referring to is the sprayer.

Agree with that 'pickers' comment.

Wing is better, but still a long way from putting serious weight on it and therapy is rough.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bill,

PM sent.

Bill

Comment

I recall a rubber treatment product in the Mirror Glaze lineup many years ago. I do think it had a M3x number. It was in a beige bottle with black print. I used it for all the rubber door and window trim.
                  Jim
                  My Gallery

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');