• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wax after CQuartz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wax after CQuartz?

Hi there,

I've decided to coat my car with CQuartz (Uk Edition). I wanted to know how to maintain it afterwards, and if wax can be applied to it?

Would the polymers in the wax deteriorate the CQuartz layer? If yes, does that mine I can't wash it with Ultimate Wash & Wax either?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Wax after CQuartz?

Adding wax won't deteriorate the CQUK, but it will negate the properties of the CQ while the wax is on there.

Personally I've been maintaining the cars I've applied CQUK with CQ Reload. It is the recommended booster.

You should be fine with Ultimate Wash and Wax, but again it may negate some of the properties. I'd try out Hyperwash since it has no gloss boosters that would interfere with the coating properties.

Comment

I would stick with what was mentioned. You can use that soap and be fine. But no need for waxing as coatings are more durable.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks DasBurninator & The Guz! I was just wondering what to do with those almost full bottles of UQW and and GCW. Oh well, over-enthusiastic detailer's costs I guess! Lol.

Comment

Just to reinforce what Guz and Das Burinator said. I actually did a YEAR test of this exact scenario. I applied various traditional and spray waxes to a vehicle and found that over the course of a year the surface was much more prone to topical contamination than was the area that was kept up with Reload which had properties similar to the CQuartz coatings. Therefore, I also suggest using that over any other topical sacrificial barrier.

I wanted to chime in because I am a CQuartz FINEST authorized installer and i tested this to know exactly what the real world results would be of a car that lives outside but is washed on regular weekly intervals.
          Christopher Brown | OCDCarCare Los Angeles - Auto Detailing Services & Training Courses
          OCDCarCare.com | FACEBOOK| Detailing Article Archive | INSTAGRAM
          2013 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, 2015 SEMA Car Crazy Corral

Comment

Just to be clear, i am in no way knocking D156 or Ultimate Quick Wax. Actually, I love D156, but for these coatings I found that products which leave topical protection on the surface alters the surface tension of the coating. As a result, they cover the coatings thus changing the intended water sheeting and topical contamination repelling properties of the coating.

As far as car shampoo, I have found Hyper Wash to be excellent for washing without negatively impacting the properties of the coating.
            Christopher Brown | OCDCarCare Los Angeles - Auto Detailing Services & Training Courses

Comment

Thanks a lot for your feedback Christopher!

I understand your point of view. I'll have to try to get my hand on Reload here in Mauritius though, or I'll have to order it from the UK, just like I did for the CQuartz coating.

We don't have Hyper Wash either here though. Do you think Gold Class Shampoo would work? Or any other Meg's Shampoo?

Comment

Gold Class is great stuff, cant go wrong.

You dont HAVE to top the coating, i just prefer a topical sarcificial barrier

Comment

Ah alright! Well that's great news, thanks again Christoper!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');