• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Products Contain Carnauba?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Products Contain Carnauba?

According to Mike Stoops there is no carnauba in GCQD; here's him saying this - scroll down - http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...Detailer/page2
    For my car, Gold Class is the best.
    1978 Special Edition Bandit Trans Am
    Rolling billboard for Meguiars Gold Class Products

Comment

There is still gloss enhancers in the QD. If you want the carnuaba then just hit with the QW. As long as the paint is clean.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Yeah, even though it doesn't contain carnauba, the GCQD will still boost wax protection. At least that's my understanding...
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Rich, your beautiful TA takes me back to my gradeschool/high school days I wanted that car badly back in the day, especially with Sally Field along, and her hair flying up around the t-tops. Good times.

Anyway, adding protection with polymers alone is not the same as re-waxing (ie. boosting) with a carnauba finishing product. This is the whole point of matching finishing products to the carnauba look. To me, GCQD is very useful as an APC on my carnauba-based finish, but it's just not a last touch product (in my humidity, anyway) because it streaks and clouds and has to be cleaned up itself. It will WW clean without ruining the carnauba look (real or imagined). I then can re-wax with a carnauba-based finishing product, GCQW, usually after a wash. At a show, I run the risk of streaks and clouds with either of these products, so I use them very sparingly in the field.

They are also great on trips, such as cleaning bug bodies off the front clip, and re-waxing, when I know it's not going to be 100% (without a wash).
          Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
          4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
          First Correction | Gallery

Comment

^^ Okay, based on this and other discussions, I've finally gave up the ghost and tried Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere. All I can say is I was very skeptical, but I'm freakin' wowed and blown away! I just did not think it was possible to have such an easy, non-streaking, non-clouding, carnauba-enriched cleaning and re-waxing result in the humid Southern weather I deal with. This really does change everything for me, because where I always fell down was in daily cleaning, travel washing, and pre-show touch-ups, which resulted in streaks, wipe holograms, clouds, and ultimately, more swirls to correct. Now I can just leave GCQD for dressing, clay lube, etc, and GCQW for re-waxing after a full wash, and let UWWA (essentially D115 in a "sampler" bottle) do the daily regimen work for me. Just. Wow.

Comment

Good news! It really is a great product.

Sometimes it's worth trying new things.
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Yep, very worth it. In a month's time, with DAMF and some new maintenance tricks, I've got a whole new bag

Comment

Glad to hear you like UWWA. It's a great maintenance product and sometimes just takes a few minutes as long as your car's not too dirty.. I like going outside just before sunrise and giving the car a quik spray & wipe down. Or after dinner as the sun sets. It's amazing how fast it can be done, and how great the car looks afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
                    I like going outside just before sunrise and giving the car a quik spray & wipe down. Or after dinner as the sun sets.
                    I like your dedication - I often do the same thing!

I usually have to sneak out though - so I don't get accused of spending too much time cleaning the car.

Comment

I love the look of GCCP too. Unfortunately we don't get GCQW or GCQD here in Australia so when the need arises I use UWWA and UQW.

The depth of colour really works for me.

Comment

I thought UWWA had Ultimate Wax (synthetic) in it not carnauba? It says it has HYDROPHOBIC wax protection? If so, Top Gear you should go over your beautiful car with GCQW after you use it

Comment

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandit Rich View Post
                            I thought UWWA had Ultimate Wax (synthetic) in it not carnauba? It says it has HYDROPHOBIC wax protection? If so, Top Gear you should go over your beautiful car with GCQW after you use it...
                            Rich, it was news to me, too, and I do use GCQW for re-waxing, GCQD for dressing/lube/prep.

Check the list above posted by Michael Stoops. UWWA (D115 is the bulk Detailer version) and UWW both contain carnauba (UWW even says so on the bottle), despite being branded as "Ultimate" products (which many of us seem to associate with "anti-carnauba"). IMHO, Meguiar's puts that "Ultimate" label on way too many products, like Ultimate Black, Ultimate Wax, UWW, UWWA, and others. Also, the term "hydrophobic" can be applied to a great many products and chemicals, and the term "wax" should be used only for carnauba. But, I digress.

Both UWW and UWWA contain some carnauba, which for us carnauba guys means boosting, and for the synthetic guys, just means deeper gloss. For example, Gold Class liquid/paste Wax is also a blend of carnauba and synthetic polymers. Trust me, I was skeptical about UWWA, but I've used GCQD & GCQW to waterless wash and touch up, etc. UWWA is far superior for a "quik wash & wax" product with no streaking or clouding. It's changed everything for me from day to day, and I just can't believe how well it finishes with such easy effort

Comment

I like this new guy.^ lmao

Comment

Now that's why I'm on this forum every day because I'm always looking for something to help my detailing exploits. I didn't know UWWA had carnauba in it because it has Ultimate in the name. Will it give my car the same dark dark " black hole " look that I get from my 50/50 mix of GCQD & GCQW?
                                I went to the first show of the season and there was a car identical to mine in the same class but I could tell the owner used a synthetic wax on it. My car won a trophy and that one didn't; and I think the carnauba definitely gave my car the winning edge.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');