• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from North Idaho! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from North Idaho! :)

Hey guys!

Name is Kevin and I'm originally from Boston, but have lived in North Idaho for almost 10 years now. My wife and I both have new Kias. She has a Soul and I have an Optima. I've been using all kinds of Meguiar's products and have been very happy with them all. From the Shampoo, to the Quik Wax and Ultimate wax. Great products. Yesterday I decided to try to get out some clear coat scratches with Scratch-X and while I succeeded in diminishing the how noticeable the marks were I ended up inflicting a nice "haze" to the finish on the spots I tried it on.

So I've searched the forum and am not along out there. I know I must have applied it with the wrong technique, even if I was using a foam applicator. I'm not sure how I'm going to fix it, but at least the wax covers it up nicely, lol.

Anyhow....

I wouldn't even consider myself an amateur detailer, as I'm an IT guy by trade, so this is my sanctuary from the world of electronics...I've loved the information out there and look forward to future conversations with all of you!

Thanks for allowing me in!

Re: Hello from North Idaho!

Welcome to MOL!

The short answer to fix the haze would be Meguiars Ultimate Polish.

By the way, have you tried out Meguiars New Car Scent Protectant for the interior of your new Kias? Stuff works & smells great

Comment

Welcome to MOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
        Welcome to MOL!

The short answer to fix the haze would be Meguiars Ultimate Polish.

By the way, have you tried out Meguiars New Car Scent Protectant for the interior of your new Kias? Stuff works & smells great
        Thank you guys for the warm welcome!

I haven't tried the new car scent protectant yet, but now I want to! Although the new car scent can be a little strong at times. We have a moldy smell coming from her Soul that I need to bring it in for, I think the panoramic sunroof might be pooling some water, but I can't seem to pinpoint it.

So I have some UP. Would you guys recommend just applying it with a foam applicator and wiping it off with a microfiber? I feel like I've tarnished the finish and really wish I hadn't touched it. I'm not sure it's too bad since even a little quik wax seems to cover it up nicely and I can't spot it, but I do want to fix it for good.

Any suggestions on the application of the UP, or should I take that into a different forum?

Comment

Welcome.

Use a foam applicator. That should take care of the haze.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Is the moldy smell coming thru the vents when u turn the ac or heat on? That would indicate a possible heater core/ condessor problem or blocked drain tube.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');