• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worth getting D156 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth getting D156 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax ?

Being that D115 already gives a decent layer of wax and protection, when i use it as a quik detailer @ 4:1. Is it worth me getting some D156, or am I better off putting that $30 to some other use?

Outside of all the waxes and polishes and compounds, in terms of sprays, I already have D114 Rinse Wash, D149 Quik Interior Detailer, D155 Last Touch. The D114 & D155 at various dilutions for various uses.

Or would you say I'm better off getting some D170 Hyper Dressing ? TBH D156 seems expensive.. Still over $8 per 32oz.

Re: Worth getting D156 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax ?

Do you use Ultimate Quik Wax for anything? If so, getting the D156 in the gallon size might be a good idea as they are basically the same thing.
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Re UQW I do not. I'm not really sure i need it. I enjoy spending the time and effort to do a proper wax job on the car using a liquid wax then buffing it off. Its my therapy. lol I probably answered my own question there didn't i.

Reason that it got me interested is that i placed a post over in Autogeek asking what is their best detailing product, and well lots replied with D156, and that's people that even own D115. So its a pretty loved product among enthusiasts.

Comment

Originally posted by thedoc46 View Post
        Re UQW I do not. I'm not really sure i need it. I enjoy spending the time and effort to do a proper wax job on the car using a liquid wax then buffing it off. Its my therapy. lol I probably answered my own question there didn't i.

Reason that it got me interested is that i placed a post over in Autogeek asking what is their best detailing product, and well lots replied with D156, and that's people that even own D115. So its a pretty loved product among enthusiasts.

I understand that you do a complete wash & wax on your car, the D156 is for between waxings, such as after a wash to help maintain the appearance and feel of a freshly waxed car, it's not intended as a replacement for a proper wax job.
        Don
        12/27/2015
        "Darth Camaro"
        2013 Camaro ... triple black
        323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

D156 is great product. Whether you need it or not, well that's up to you to decide. Try out ultimate quik wax before buying the bulk version.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

ITs a great extender to use in the Winter months when its too cold to wax.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenlight View Post
              ITs a great extender to use in the Winter months when its too cold to wax.
              Never too cold, where I'm at.. Only ever too hot...

Comment

Considering what you've already got, get either D170 or D171 over the D156.
                And unless you already have D101, it'd be wise to pickup some D108 to properly clean the tires prior to applying the tire dressing. It makes a world of difference.

Comment

@TheDoc46. What kind of car do you have? Because if it happens to have alot of plastic trim D156 is outstanding when it comes to new car trim pieces.
                  IMO It's almost worth it for that alone.

It's also highly underrated as a stand alone LSP. Most people here would never have to use it that way, but if the normL everyday Joe were to simply use D156 after his weekly swirl instaling improper handwash, he'd be 110% better off than his normL way of never waxing the car at all.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by thedoc46 View Post
                    Never too cold, where I'm at.. Only ever too hot...
                    Doesn't matter the location. Works great in any environment. Give ultimate quik wax a shot before you fully invest in the gallon.
                    99 Grand Prix
                    02 Camaro SS

Comment

(Especially) On a dark coloured car, UQW is truly addictive (I haven't gone to the bulk version yet). We have hard water, and no matter how quickly you dry the car, paint will be somewhat patchy; but spending 10-15 min going around the car with UQW makes the paint looking awesome. As soon as my bottle of UQW is done, will buy the bulk version...

Comment

I have a 2015 VW Gti in White, which only has a small amount of plastic trim on show, however my wife's 2013 VW Tiguan SUV does have a lot of plastic trim on the outside. Funny you should mention that, because I did notice that D115 sprayed on the plastic, really brought it alive and made it look brand new and really smooth to the touch, and gives it what seems to me an excellent coat of protection. I'm almost wondering if D115 replaces D156. Both are spray on waxes, both get wiped off, both seem to make the paintwork and plastics, glide and smooth to the touch, except one does more than just a wax. Its a QD, waterless and rinseless if you so desire.. I can't rate D115 enough. I use it everyday on both cars (talk of it being addictive) . Both cars are constantly looking showroom brand new at all times.

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
                        @TheDoc46. What kind of car do you have? Because if it happens to have alot of plastic trim D156 is outstanding when it comes to new car trim pieces.
                        IMO It's almost worth it for that alone.

It's also highly underrated as a stand alone LSP. Most people here would never have to use it that way, but if the normL everyday Joe were to simply use D156 after his weekly swirl instaling improper handwash, he'd be 110% better off than his normL way of never waxing the car at all.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

The wax in D115 is carnauba based where as D156 is a purely synthetic. D156 will be more durable.
                          99 Grand Prix
                          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Love D156, use it after every wash.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
                            "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Now, I could be wrong about this, but D156 should have more durability.

Along with that it D156 might work better as a drying agent than D115 if it flashes off quicker. Unfortunately I don't have any D115 to test this and verify

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');