• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to use for dash, cluster, cupholders, interior plastics etc ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to use for dash, cluster, cupholders, interior plastics etc ......

Ok. What can I use on interiors (non fabrics - I'm talking about the hard plastics and instrument panel and radio and dashboard) that actually CLEANS and leaves nothing funky behind.

I'm thinking APC but I've never used it so I dont know. Something not greasy or sticky and leaves things looking factory fresh.

thanks for the help here.
    2015 Toyota Corolla S Plus in Barcelona Red Metallic

Re: What to use for dash, cluster, cupholders, interior plastics etc ......

D149 - Quick Interior Detailer - BEST stuff out there. Leaves surfaces matte and has a heck of cleaning power to it!

In the house too on laptops and HD - TV's.

one of my TOP 10 favorite detailing products of all time!
    Christopher Brown | OCDCarCare Los Angeles - Auto Detailing Services & Training Courses
    OCDCarCare.com | FACEBOOK| Detailing Article Archive | INSTAGRAM
    2013 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, 2015 SEMA Car Crazy Corral

Comment

Agreed.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

You may do APC first if heavier cleaning was needed, and then the QID or UQID after.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
          You may do APC first if heavier cleaning was needed, and then the QID or UQID after.
          Yeah. I have quick interior detailer and it seems right for fingerprints and such. I'm talking something that can handle spilled drinks as well as radio controls and the dash.

Comment

In that case D101 APC at 10:1 should be able to knock that out for you or possibly M39. I would stick with QID for the cluster or something like M10 and M17 for a clean and polish. The plastic is fairly sensitive.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Yeah, clear plastic is soft, so lubrication is good.

For messy spots, apc is good, but may leave a little residue. esp if a lot is neefed. So qid after...
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

QID is still the droid cleaner you are looking for!

Q I D =
                Christopher Brown | OCDCarCare Los Angeles - Auto Detailing Services & Training Courses

Comment

What about D114 for interior ?

Comment

To add on to my original question - The clear plastic lens covering the gauges is almost always riddled with swirl marks and given that this is something the driver sees every time they're in the car I think it needs attention. What can eliminate the swirls on that soft clear plastic and leave it clean and shiny? I tried Plastex(sp?) one time and it didn't work out.

Comment

You could try using plastx. You may want to look into M10 and M17 from the mirror glaze line. M17 is not an abrasive cleaner. Then follow up with the M10 polish. They work very well together.

I wrote a review some time ago.

99 Grand Prix
                      02 Camaro SS

Comment

He already tried Plastx..

@TheDoc46. Yes, D114 @1:128 would work very similar to Quik Interior Detailer, without the overpowering scent.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent 99 View Post
                          To add on to my original question - The clear plastic lens covering the gauges is almost always riddled with swirl marks and given that this is something the driver sees every time they're in the car I think it needs attention. What can eliminate the swirls on that soft clear plastic and leave it clean and shiny? I tried Plastex(sp?) one time and it didn't work out.
                          Ultimate Polish or M205 by hand using a MF applicator pad should take care of that no problem. Start with light pressure and product and if it isn't working try more product first then apply more pressure if that isn't the ticket. I'm certain this combination will clear up and plastic instrumentation lenses as long as they aren't sensitive to the touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
                            He already tried Plastx..

@TheDoc46. Yes, D114 @1:128 would work very similar to Quik Interior Detailer, without the overpowering scent.
                            But from my understanding the D149 Quik Interior Detailer has some UV protection that D114 doesn't provide. So i think it would still be advantageous to use D149 over D114.

Comment

True.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');