• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to choose ? Consumer line or professional line ? Please help me to care leather!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to choose ? Consumer line or professional line ? Please help me to care leather!

How to choose ? Consumer line or professional line ? Please help me to care leather!

Hello,

Too many places to post on this forum just as too many products to choose from.

I am looking for the best cleaner and condition for leather seats, can you help me ?

I am not going to care so often so maybe i should buy the best line, and I guess it's the pro line ? Are they a lot more expensive ? But certified better products ?

I think the all in one things are not a good choice and want a deep cleaner and a conditioner.

Can you help me ?

In my idea something oily would be better and I do not care to have to cover the seats with a large towel for few days, but maybe my idea is stupid and leather conditioner does not need to be oily to be good ?

Anyway as you see I know nothing and need expert help !

Thank you so much for your experience.

Re: How to choose ? Consumer line or professional line ? Please help me to care leath

All lines are great. One line is not better than another. Different lines are for different parts of the consumer.

As far as your leather care. Invest in this.

99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Re: How to choose ? Consumer line or professional line ? Please help me to care leath

Thank you, is it the best of the best of any available product ?

Comment

There is no best of the best. You have quite a few options.

You have:

D180 leather and cleaner conditioner. This is a one step that cleans and conditions. Works very well. Do it routinely and you will be just fine. This is available only in gallons.

Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner & Conditioner. Again this an all in one product. This is available at your local stores.

Gold Class Leather & Vinyl Conditioner. This is a dedicated product for leather and vinyl. It offers no cleaning. You would need the Gold Class Leather & Vinyl Cleaner to clean the leather. These are also available locally. Using it routinely will be all you need to to do.

Gold Class Leather Sealer system. You get the leather cleaner and the leather sealer within the it. It's a 2 step kit. The sealer will seal and protect the leather. Think of it like applying a coat of wax on the car. This one would require the least amount of maintenance as the leather sealer is very durable. Using it 2-3 times a year is the recommendation. This can also be found locally.

You could even just use Quik Interior Detailer routinely when wiping down the interior. It will leave a layer of UV protection behind.

It is up to you one what product you wish to choose. As with any product, use it routinely and you will have good results.

Someone will chime in if I missed one.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Did you try that system yet?
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

What year is your Benz?

As long as it's relatively modern, IMO the best deep cleaner you can find for automotive leather seats/interior in the Meguiars line is D101 All Purpose Cleaner, dilluted 10:1 [10 parts water/1 part concentrate]

Spray directly onto the surface and lightly aggitate with a soft nylon brush. Then wipe up with a damp/clean terry towel. Once you're done follow with either Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner & Conditioner [your choice of Gel or Spray] to bring it back it's soft supple leather look and feel.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');