• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint Protect 365 vs Ultimate Wax vs M21 Behavior Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paint Protect 365 vs Ultimate Wax vs M21 Behavior Test

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
    I was thinking about picking up a bottle of the pink stuff since I live in Oregon. But after this test, it seems that the best protection, water beading etc is still ULW.
    Can't really go wrong with either one. Just to clarify a bit, the beading of 365 looks different with rain rather than water from a hose. To me it appears tighter with rain water.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
      I was thinking about picking up a bottle of the pink stuff since I live in Oregon. But after this test, it seems that the best protection, water beading etc is still ULW.
      To me it seems best protection goes to PP365, while best beading goes to ULW.
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Hi.
        I applied one layer of UW by DA approximately 2 months ago. But I don't see any beading anymore. Did I anything wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by kuko View Post
          Hi.
          I applied one layer of UW by DA approximately 2 months ago. But I don't see any beading anymore. Did I anything wrong?
          What was your prep? Did you clay?
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

No, I didn't clay. I didn't make any preparation only wash with Chemical guys shampoo called Mr.Pink. But I always use only Meg waxes.

Comment

Claying is important. It removes surface contaminants. By doing so it allows the product to bond to a clean surface. It will also increase the performance of the protection is used.

Try claying and then seal it. You should get better performance.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thank you. I did little test with ULW, Color X, GCC and NXT 2.0. I put them on my mirror in my house without any preparation. After wiping off and spraying with water I realized that only ULW looked like that there is no wax. I seems, as you said, that ULW needs very good preparation.

Comment

Hello, any update or more experience ? What is for you the best choice now ? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by benzw205 View Post
                    Hello, any update or more experience ? What is for you the best choice now ? Thank you.
                    It's been 2 years since I posted this and I stopped this test long ago. I have moved on to ceramic coatings for my personal vehicles.

If you are looking for a sealant then either of these will suit your needs. Ultimate Wax was recently reformulated to be more durable. M21 has been a favorite among enthusiast and detailers. PP365 is also good. Then you now have ultimate fast finish which is the easiest to apply between all of these. If I had to choose one it would be a toss up between UFF, M21 or UW.
                    99 Grand Prix
                    02 Camaro SS

Comment

I agree. I've recently used both M21 and UFF and am about to try ULW. Given that neither UFF or ULW stain trim and are so easy to apply and remove (especially UFF), it would have to be a toss up between those two for me and M21 being eliminated given the significant extra work of avoiding all trim, letting it dry/cure, then buffing, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');