• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red 2002 Camaro SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red 2002 Camaro SS

A buddy of mine needed to sell this car and he asked me to give it the once over. Since most of the cars I have been doing have been lighter colors, such as white and silver, I was excited to change it up with red. Unfortunately I didn't take before pics of the car itself, but I do have a couple progress shots.

First I started with the engine bay.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Re: Red 2002 Camaro SS

I used degreaser and a few brushes to clean it up.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I pulled out the leaf blower to dry it then used chemical guys black on black detail spray to dress the engine. (Dont worry. From here on out Meguiars products were used)[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Now I know it looks greasy, but I let it sit for awhile to soak in. After I finished with the car I took a microfiber and buffed the plastic.

Comment

After the engine bay I washed any clayed the car. The paint wasn't to bad so I didnt feel the need for M105/Ultimate Compound. [IMG][/IMG]

First I went with M205 and a chemical guys green polishing pad. It was an improvement but I wasn't getting the defect removal that I wanted. I swapped out the green foam pad for a Meguiars microfiber cutting pad.
        [IMG][/IMG]

It still amazes me how switching out the pad can make such a huge difference!

[IMG][/IMG]

Now this is s snapchat that my buddy took of me after polishing it. This car in this picture has no wax on it. This was the result of only the M205 and microfiber cutting pad!

Comment

To finish off the car I decided to go with Ultimate Paste Wax
          [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Doing this Camaro really makes me wish I had a red one again. I guess my silver Z28 will just have to do.lol

If you guys have any tips or comments let me know.

Comment

I'm an F Body guy myself and you did a great job. You did a good job switching it up and getting the results you wanted. Goes to show you that sometimes a small change makes a world of difference. M205 is a great product. It's just so versatile.

What machine were you using?
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
              I'm an F Body guy myself and you did a great job. You did a good job switching it up and getting the results you wanted. Goes to show you that sometimes a small change makes a world of difference. M205 is a great product. It's just so versatile.

What machine were you using?
              I actually used the Harbor Freight DA. It already had the 5 inch backing plate on it. My Meguiars DA has the 6 inch. I didn't feel like swapping them out. Just being lazy on my part. Lol

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');