• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red stain removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red stain removal

A customer is bringing me a vehicle with a red stain on tan carpet.
    How can I remove this stain?
    I have no idea of the stain origin but can guess it is kool-aid or some other childs drink.
    Extreme Radiance Detailing

2001 C5 Corvette - Black
    2010 LT2 Camaro - Victory Red

From what I know and heard from others is that red stains such as cool aid are sometimes impossible to remove. Your best bet is to explain to the customer that those stains are hard to remove but you will try your best. Also I will use Meguiars APC and if that does not work I will use Super degreaser 10 to 1.

Comment

Re: Red stain removal

I have had good luck with red stains on carpet, red coolaid or blood is hard. I have mixed a small bottle of bleach and water. Start with weak solution and increase if needed. I bring the carpet back to white then spray with carpet/interior paint. Be careful not to bleach the carpet to dust.........start with very weak solution. Again, careful of the strength of bleach.
      rookie1

Comment

Look into that meguiars new cleaner in the detailer line. D106 and d116

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');