• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a little disappointed with ultimate detailer. am I missing something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little disappointed with ultimate detailer. am I missing something?

First off let me start by saying I love meguires products almost to the point of an addiction lol. I'm having bad results with megs ultimate detailer. Everything I've used it it leaves an ungodly haze on my paint and is a pain to remove.... I've tried everything to keep it from happening from multiple microfiber towels (like 6 new for just my hood) tried it with different surface Temps ranging from 50*F to 90*F, light application to heavy applications etc etc.... I hate to say it but I'm about to give up on it also for me it does not work good as a clay lube... any input and suggestions are very welcome and thanks in advance!

Re: a little disappointed with ultimate detailer. am I missing something?

Searching the forum you will find that is is not meant to be used as clay lube. The short answer is that the polymers within the product are too slick and the clay bar will not be able to pick up the surface contaminants. Pick up a bottle of quick detailer in the maroon bottle for claying.

As far as it hazing hopefully Mike Stoops can chime in. I myself have never had it haze. You could try misting it on your microfiber and then apply to the paint with it on the microfiber and buff off with another microfiber.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks! I figured something was wrong as a clay lube. It didn't feel right. I've tried the mist on towel method and it still does it. I even tried using it when everything was stripped from the car and it still hazed. I'm stumped

Comment

Hmm.. How about trying a mild paint cleaner or even a cleaner wax... or just this once, a good car wash, but this time use a bit more car shampoo to really remove the haze. I would even consider using dishwashing liquid (maybe dawn?), but again I emphasize I would use it only once just to remove the hazing.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');