• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glass cleaner concentrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass cleaner concentrate

Hi guys, why does my microfibre cloth become grabby when cleaning windows with meguiars Glass concentrate? ive tried short nap microfibre, longer nap and eveything in between and its not just one car but multiple. Can I mix some onr or something in with it to help lubricate the glass to make cleaning easier?

Thanks in advance

Re: Glass cleaner concentrate

I add a bit of D156 to the spray bottle and the glass becomes very slick and streak free.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

Is this on the interior or exterior?
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Both the guz.

Comment

I used to have the same issue. Also, because it was so grabby, it would remove tiny bits of lint from the MF towel, which were then hard to remove from the glass.

I just use UQW (D156) now to clean all my windows - inside & out.
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by jfelbab View Post
            I add a bit of D156 to the spray bottle and the glass becomes very slick and streak free.
            Jim,

Are you saying you mix D156 and Glass Cleaner in the same bottle?
            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Check out Larry's videos on glass cleaning tips. Maybe this will help.

99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

I like chemical guys glass towels that are awesome; they usually run about $6 a piece on amazon.

Comment

Are you talking about the red & blue waffle weaves?^
                  I've also noticed certain vendors used to advertise their Gray Matter waffle weave as a car drying towel, but now they call it a glass cleaning towel..
                  I use it as my glass towel now. It works awesome.

Comment

I like these from the rag company.

Premium glass & window microfiber towels are designed to leave your surfaces beautiful and streak-free. Made in Korea, these microfiber towels utilize the finest yarns available to ensure premium quality and durability.

I may give these a shot next time as they are intended for glass.

Hundreds of thirst pockets make the standard waffle-weave microfiber towel by The Rag Company the perfect choice for drying all types of surfaces. Streak-free glass, windows, mirrors, and more can now be in the palm of your hand. Easy-to-handle sizes at great prices.
                    99 Grand Prix
                    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Did you get those mixed up?^ lol. Looks like the 1st ones are meant for glass?

Comment

lol Nope. That's what they are meant for. They work best for glass. They don't leave lint behind like a typical microfiber. They work very well with D120 on the interior and exterior. It's the only towels I use to clean the glass especially on the interior. I recommend something like this to the op if he has not tried this style towel on glass.

It also helps to have some sort of coating on the glass to keep the glass slick. Will make it much easier to maintain the glass.

You can use a waffle weave to initially clean them to get the dirt and grime off. Then follow up with the glass towels to remove any streaks.
                        99 Grand Prix
                        02 Camaro SS

Comment

I read it as you're currently using the towels in the 1st link, but you're looking into trying the towels in the 2nd link.. But IMO the 1st towels look specificly made for glass. It's even in the name. Where as the 2nd towel is basicly a smaller version of 'Dry Me a River' which can dry a small car [as the description says..

It just reads like you're looking into trying the 2nd ones for glass cleaning. But why switch from the 1st ones? Lol.

Blame it on the crazy Superbowl ending if I'm mistaken. Lol.

Comment

I have been following D120 Glass Cleaner Concentrate with D156 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax for a long time. Since it was time to mix up a new batch of glass cleaner I decided to try a mix of D120 with a couple ounces of D156 and I got a great glass cleaner that leaves the glass super slick and streak free in one step. I'm not one who tries to outguess Meg's chemists but this mix rocks. It cleans well and buffs smooth and drag free. This is my favorite glass cleaner solution.
                            Jim
                            My Gallery

Comment

Great, thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');