• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars White Wax problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars White Wax problem.

last week I bought a tube of White Wax. Today I opened it to try it out. I am not sure if its a bad batch or what. The problem is its very thin liquid. I just have to pour it and it comes out. I dont even have to press the tube. And when I shake it, i can hear that its very thin liquid? And I applied it on my car, it doesnt dry. After 15mins i did the swipe test and its still not dry to haze. I've been using Meguiars products for more than 7 years. And this is the 1st product of Meguiars that is very hard to wipe off. And after wiping off the panel doesnt feel slick like there is wax on the surface. Do u think this tube of White Wax has gone bad? Its kinda waste to throw it away coz it cost me RM92.00 a tube. Any help n opinion. Thks guys. Happy detailing.

Re: Meguiars White Wax problem.

This is how the wax looked like.

Comment

I encountered the same problem with a tube of black wax. I attributed it to changes in temperature during shipping or where it was stored ?? I'm not sure, but it definitely was a little disappointing.
      On other note, your picture gave me a good idea. I tried shaking the tube up to mix it up again but it didn't really work...however....pouring the whole tube into a bottle and then shaking up the bottle may help with bringing the consistency back to par... Just a thought..

Comment

Hey Bernard any time you have a problem with a Meguiars product, go to the forum and scroll down to the Meguiars feedback forum.

Then click on the Customer Service Hotline, and then do as you did here and post your problem with pics, a meguiars rep will respond as soon as possible to your problem!

Go ahead and repost and I bet first thing monday you will have a response and they will take care of you ASAP! Meguiars Customer Service is second to none!!!!
        ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
        You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
        Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

^^ Agreed. That definitely doesn't look right. I transferred over the white wax that I had into one of the Meguiar's bottles with the self cleaning tips and it is thick. Did it still look like this when you transferred it the other bottle and gave it a good shake?
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

TTT

Bill

Comment

The white wax and black wax I got there is a little oil separation it seems but nothing like that, I squeeze a little out and then the wax starts to come out like it should. That looks like a bad tube there.
              2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
              1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
              1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
              1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
              1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');