• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find the Meguiars S3BP 3" backing plate and 4" pads for my G110v2 DA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find the Meguiars S3BP 3" backing plate and 4" pads for my G110v2 DA

Trying to get all my ducks in a row, as I have studied the Detailing 101 lesson, printed the product applicability chart, purchased products, and now have to get my tools together. All that I'm missing is the S3BP 3" backing plate and 4" pads for my G110v2 DA, mentioned in the Detailinig 101 lesson. They don't even show up on the Meguiars website, and other retailers are saying they are out of stock. So, I'm here looking for some good resources to where I can find these items. Of course, everybody has a variation of what I'm looking for, but I've learned in my research that wording is key. I am specifically sticking with the Soft Buff 2.0 foam pads, and will be working with 1) My 6" backing plate and 7" foam pads, and 2) A 3" backing plate with 4" foam pads. Got any good sources for the Meguiars line?

Where do you reside?

Comment

Re: Where to find the Meguiars S3BP 3" backing plate and 4" pads for my G110v2 DA

Get the new 3" backing plate as seen in this thread. You can use it with the soft buff 4" pads.

If you want 3" pads then look into the Lake Country Hydro Tech pads. They work very good.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Re: Where to find the Meguiars S3BP 3" backing plate and 4" pads for my G110v2 DA

Orange park, Florida (Jacksonville)

Comment

Didn't find it on the Meguiars site, but did find it here - http://www.detailing.com/store/megui...3-in-s3bp.html. It's called the S3BP, like discussed in Detailing 101

Comment

Found the pads, but are out of stock here - http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-sof...lish-pads.html

Comment

This is why I recommend the new plate. The S3BP was not that great. Mine failed after one use. I would pick up the new 3" backing plate or the Lake Country 3" backing plate.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...g-plate-failed!
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

You can trust that advice 100%^
                I remember back when I was in the same boat wondering what all I really needed to buy to get strarted. I thank The Guz for not only being courtious enough to help, but also for being spot on with his recommendations on everything I actually needed and was set to experience as a DA newbie. :doublethumbsup

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                  This is why I recommend the new plate. The S3BP was not that great. Mine failed after one use. I would pick up the new 3" backing plate or the Lake Country 3" backing plate.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...g-plate-failed!
                  Aaaah, the voice of experience! Will follow through on the advice Guz! No more thoughts of the S3BP. I will buy a DBP3 today. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Eldorado2K!. I do. . . . and I will! Thank you both for the help here!
                    Last edited by BluDesign; Jan 4, 2015, 05:25 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');