• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

foam gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: foam gun

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
    Gold Class will certainly work... just dont expect shaving cream, expect slow moving suds to wipe around the panel.
    I agree with Murr on this. I know it's not a foam gun but I did use Gold Class and D111 with a foam canon and they both behaved the same. Not a lot of foam but still some good suds on the surface. I should have taken a photo. I was using 2 oz.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Is the difference in that the foam gun is used on a regular hose and the foam cannon is to be used on a power washer? I have watched some YouTube videos where people foam cannoned their car and then power washed that off then tow bucket washed. Kind of like a pre wash. Not sure if I would use it like that or use it like Murr mentioned as panel by panel washing. For those of you that have used them, does the soap dry on the car and streak like it can with normal bucket washing?
      2017 Lexus RX 350 - Satin Cashmere Metallic
      2016 Honda Odyssey Touring - Crystal Black Pearl
      2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 - Royal Red Metallic

Comment

Foam gun goes on a hose and doesn't really produce the foam like a pw lance gun will. If u have a few xtra bucks the lance is the way to go I think. U can just drench the whole car in foam let it sit and then power wash. Kinda like a ore wash. Or foam it then 2 bucket wash then rinse. I like the idea of carpros snow soap as mentioned earlier for that added decontamination.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarhead0754 View Post
          Foam gun goes on a hose and doesn't really produce the foam like a pw lance gun will. If u have a few xtra bucks the lance is the way to go I think. U can just drench the whole car in foam let it sit and then power wash. Kinda like a ore wash. Or foam it then 2 bucket wash then rinse. I like the idea of carpros snow soap as mentioned earlier for that added decontamination.
          Exactly this. Although with me using D111 it is not a high foaming soap like a couple others I have tried. Still decent but nothing to wow anyone. Foam canons are great for showing off and getting your neighbors or passer by's interested

Originally posted by Jarhead0754 View Post
          Or foam it then 2 bucket wash then rinse.
          I found this to save more time than foaming then rinsing then 2 bucket. No need to worry about swirls or scratches since there is so much lubrication (aka soap) on the paint.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
            No need to worry about swirls or scratches since there is so much lubrication (aka soap) on the paint.
            This is what I am hoping to gain from it. Even though I am trying really hard to not get scratches and swirls in my black I still can see I am putting them there. I know they are inevitable, but was hoping maybe this might help a little more. I am leaning towards the non power washer option as I don't always like to drag the power washer out every time I wash, especially in the cooler months after I have put it away for the season.

Comment

Although, now after spending some time watching some more videos, I am thinking the power washer way is the best way to go. Looks like a lot of people are able to use this to wash a car that is just dusty and not even have to touch a sponge to it with this foaming wash. Just foam and power wash and it cleans ok. Then dry and you are good. That would be good because a lot of times in the summer that is all it is, just dusty or very lightly dirty.

Comment

Just be careful because the soap will spot in the sun and heat. Unless you do it early in the morning. In those instances a rinseless would probably be the way to go.
                99 Grand Prix
                02 Camaro SS

Comment

Yes, the only way I would do that would be early morning or late afternoon early evening. Which had become my routine with the black anyway.

Comment

Then you're all set. If I get a chance to bust out the foam canon this weekend, I will snap a photo of using it with Hyper Wash.
                    99 Grand Prix
                    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Guz, which one do you have? You probaly said in all these post. That would be great to see a picture of yours in use.

Comment

I have an AR383 that I have had for some time. I picked up an MTM foam cannon during black friday for cheap. I had to buy the foam cannon adapter for it to work with the AR383. You can buy everything from them. It's a decent pressure washer for my personal use.
                        99 Grand Prix
                        02 Camaro SS

Comment

I have a gas power washer, not sure the brand. Not sure the PSI off hand either. But a decent one. Older, but doesn't get used very often because it is a hassle to get out. MTM seems to be a common one to get. Where did you get yours? Alot of them look like the are MTM with brands on them. Autogeek, Pinnacle, etc.

Comment

I got it a surf city garage when they were clearing them out for 1/2 the price. It was too good to pass up. The autogeek one's should be the same. Pinnacle, Detailer's Pro, Wolfgang and Blackfire are their house brands.
                            99 Grand Prix
                            02 Camaro SS

Comment

top tip - if you're about to clay or if you want to remove the old wax, use common dish soap in your foam gun. Also, don't buy a cheap foam gun! (I did, it ***** and I hate it) The suds from the dish soap make a great lube for claying as well. (I've never tried dish soap with actual clay, I use a nanoskin Autoscrub)

Comment

I'm not a fan of using dish soap to strip off old wax. Plus it won't work on most sealants since they are more durable. In addition to that if one is about to polish or cleaner wax then that will strip off any old wax or sealant on the car.
                                99 Grand Prix
                                02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');