• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

foam gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foam gun

Can any soap be used in a foam gun? Could I put say ult wash and wax or gold class in there or does it have to be a concentrated solution?

I like the idea of carpros snow soap to decontaminate as well. My 2 pennies.

Comment

Re: foam gun

Originally posted by chrisalvarez View Post
      Can any soap be used in a foam gun? Could I put say ult wash and wax or gold class in there?
      Yes you can use either one. You just need the proper mixture in the foam gun and you are good to go.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by Jarhead0754 View Post
        I like the idea of carpros snow soap to decontaminate as well. My 2 pennies.
        Yes but what if you already have decontaminated and have a well maintained vehicle? Will the soap you mentioned strip off protection?

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
          Yes you can use either one. You just need the proper mixture in the foam gun and you are good to go.
          Thank you sir. So what would u suggest as the proper ratio? I have never used a foam gun and I typically use the two bucket (grit guards ofcourse ) method or the Garry Dean wash method which basically combines a rinselss wash and a waterless wash. But it is winter here in the Midwest and the Garry Dean wash method just doesn't feel safe on that level of grime so I need a traditional wash and I think a foam bath in addition will help tremendously in breaking down and washing away heavy dirt and grime before I wash by hand

Comment

And fyi I don't have a pressure washer this will be used via garden hose

Comment

Couldn't really tell u that. I have not yet tried the snow soap but it def won't hurt. I know people here who use the snow soap and Clayed and so forth. But just thought of it as a suggestion. I don't have experience with a foam gun either so Ill let the other guys chime in.

Comment

If you want to use a foam canon, or the specialized soaps, you can get the thick clingy foam.

The hose end Gilmour kind with Meguiars soaps are more like washing panel by panel as normal. But you can keep adding more soap and water to the panel as needed.

As for math.. if you get the Gillmor foamaster kind... 4 to 5 ounces of soap, filled with water, then on lowest dilution setting gets you to a little over the recomended 128:1.

At that ratio, no worse wax stripping than normal.

Not sure if uw&w could clog it more easily.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Yes but what if you already have decontaminated and have a well maintained vehicle? Will the soap you mentioned strip off protection?
                  I'm not sure about snow foam but if you have the car well maintained then just a regular car wash soap would be all you need. I would save snow foam for when doing some sort of polishing.

Thank you sir. So what would u suggest as the proper ratio? I have never used a foam gun and I typically use the two bucket (grit guards ofcourse ) method or the Garry Dean wash method which basically combines a rinselss wash and a waterless wash. But it is winter here in the Midwest and the Garry Dean wash method just doesn't feel safe on that level of grime so I need a traditional wash and I think a foam bath in addition will help tremendously in breaking down and washing away heavy dirt and grime before I wash by hand
                  I don't have a foam gun as I just got myself a foam canon. But try 2 oz and see how that works. If you need more then you can add more. Depends on what size foam gun you got as well.

Pretty good guideline here.

Autogeek is your number one car care source for auto detailing supplies, the best car wax, car care products, car polishes, auto accessories, polishers, and car detailing tools store.

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                  If you want to use a foam canon, or the specialized soaps, you can get the thick clingy foam.

The hose end Gilmour kind with Meguiars soaps are more like washing panel by panel as normal. But you can keep adding more soap and water to the panel as needed.

As for math.. if you get the Gillmor foamaster kind... 4 to 5 ounces of soap, filled with water, then on lowest dilution setting gets you to a little over the recomended 128:1.

You could try this as well.
                  99 Grand Prix
                  02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks . I actually am considering a gun actually made by Gilmore same gun as the foam master 2 but under a different name and only around $30 and thanks for the info I was just hoping to use the whatever is laying around but I will purchase the concentrated soaps if necessary

Comment

Thanks everyone for the feedback I will give it a try with gold class for now and see how that goes . I'm awaiting the foam gun/cannon in the mail so I will try to update once I have a chance to try it out

Comment

Gold Class will certainly work... just dont expect shaving cream, expect slow moving suds to wipe around the panel.

Comment

It'll kind of look like this...

if I use too much soap in the foam gun will it strip off the Americana ? With that in mind .... I put 2 cap fulls of carwash in the foam gun, is that enough or should I have used more ? after you foam up the car ( did it in the evening on a cool car ) how long do you let it sit before doing the 2...

So I spray one panel, catch the suds with the mitt and wipe around.. rather than standing back and letting it all run off. Trying to keep my lubrication all on the panel while wiping it.

Comment

It'll kind of look like this...

if I use too much soap in the foam gun will it strip off the Americana ? With that in mind .... I put 2 cap fulls of carwash in the foam gun, is that enough or should I have used more ? after you foam up the car ( did it in the evening on a cool car ) how long do you let it sit before doing the 2...

So I spray one panel, catch the suds with the mitt and wipe around.. rather than standing back and letting it all run off. Trying to keep my lubrication all on the panel while wiping it.
                            thanks murr I actually am only planning to use the foam gun as a pre wash to break down dirt and grime and then rinse off followed by a regular 2 bucket hand wash . I have watched countless videos on YouTube now and I even saw a guy using a pump sprayer and gold class to create snow foam! I may also try that

Comment

I too have also been considering getting a foam gun. This thread helped answer a question I had of what soap could be used as I have a gallon of Megs car wash Shampoo. Looks like that should work ok in a foam gun.
                              2017 Lexus RX 350 - Satin Cashmere Metallic
                              2016 Honda Odyssey Touring - Crystal Black Pearl
                              2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 - Royal Red Metallic

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');