• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Product to Use to Avoid Paint Swirl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Product to Use to Avoid Paint Swirl?

Will eventually polish/wax in one step a 2014 Toyota 4Runner - dark gray color.

All of this will be done by hand using elbow grease and towels/microfiber.

Which "one step" Meguiar's product will cleanup the paint, provide some wax protection and not leave swirl marks.

The paint is in good condition.

Thanks for your time.

Re: What Product to Use to Avoid Paint Swirl?

Personally I would go with NXT Tech wax because it has a mild cleaner in it and has decent protection. Or the good old fashion cleaner wax is always a good choice too but will lack the longevity of protection compared to NXT.

Comment

Re: What Product to Use to Avoid Paint Swirl?

Originally posted by MikeRM View Post
      Will eventually polish/wax in one step a 2014 Toyota 4Runner - dark gray color.

All of this will be done by hand using elbow grease and towels/microfiber.

Which "one step" Meguiar's product will cleanup the paint, provide some wax protection and not leave swirl marks.

The paint is in good condition.

Thanks for your time.
      If you really want to avoid paint swirls the first thing I would do is determine if you are washing properly. See this video http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...Series-Washing

Swirls are going to happen no matter what. Following proper washing techniques can help limit them. Avoid drive thru car washes and coin operated washes (just the use of the brush) as they will scratch and swirl any car.

Also you should not be seeing swirls caused by applying a wax unless you are using too much pressure which you should not be.

If you are looking for a good all in one cleaner wax look into white wax. It offers very good cleaning abilities. As a reminder you can only do so much by hand. A machine will always get you better results. In saying that don't expect all the swirls to be removed by hand.

Originally posted by b-rad View Post
      Personally I would go with NXT Tech wax because it has a mild cleaner in it and has decent protection. Or the good old fashion cleaner wax is always a good choice too but will lack the longevity of protection compared to NXT.
      NXT has no cleaners in it. See post #173 in this thread http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ate-Wax/page18
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Since your truck is dark gray, I'd recommend going with Megs Black Wax. It seems ideal for your situation. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');