• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Yellow Stain in Crevices" IN Fiberglass- Chemical Guys XXX Hard Core Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Yellow Stain in Crevices" IN Fiberglass- Chemical Guys XXX Hard Core Wax

Originally posted by synoptic12 View Post
    Thanks very much. I don't believe that a clay bar will work. Basically clay removes surface contaminates close to the surface in the clear coat. Anything embedded under the surface is difficult to remove. Dawn is a mild detergent to strip wax, "will not work". I'm unfamiliar with the terms you are referring to UC/UP and ULW.

I would appreciate it if you could clarify those terms. I see your displaying the semper fi logo. Did a brief stint in the marines back in the 70's. My nephew did a couple of tours in Iraq (Balad) in the signal corps. Came home in one piece by the grace of God. Left as a Sgt. Get back to me when you have time. Thanks.
    UC = Ultimate Compound

UP = Ultimate polish

ULW = Ultimate Liquid Wax

Try what Mr. Stoops recommended and just enjoy the car and take it out for a drive on a nice day. I was thinking the same thing Bret that maybe a treatment of those would work.

I know you are a fan of Gold Class but you should consider M26 Tech Wax. That's a whole other level in my opinion.

I myself am a fan of a sealant on a white car such as M21. Or even the M21/M26 combo.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      UC = Ultimate Compound

UP = Ultimate polish

ULW = Ultimate Liquid Wax

Try what Mr. Stoops recommended and just enjoy the car and take it out for a drive on a nice day. I was thinking the same thing Bret that maybe a treatment of those would work.

I know you are a fan of Gold Class but you should consider M26 Tech Wax. That's a whole other level in my opinion.

I myself am a fan of a sealant on a white car such as M21. Or even the M21/M26 combo.
      Thanks for the update on the terms. Is that the M21s wax you are speaking of. Not to disappoint you, BUT no sealers or tech wax for me; not even polish or glaze.
      Romans 3:20

Comment

M21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0 is a synthetic wax often referred to as a sealant. Sealants last longer than a carnauba wax.

M26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax is a carnauba based wax. It's really a great wax. It has the highest Distinction Of Image or D.O.I. A quote pulled out. Try it sometime. You can get it locally now.

Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post

M26 is the only wax that will increase the D.O.I. of a previously polished surface.

The context of that statement was after using #7 Show Car Glaze on black paint, most waxes would decrease D.O.I. while M26 would actually increase D.O.I.

I asked a chemist friend about this and he said it was because M26 has/had the ability to bend light.

D.O.I. = Distinction of Image
        The ability of a surface to reflect an image clearly. A mirror offers 100% D.O.I.
        FYI a polish is what gives the paint it's gloss.

You may also like white wax. It's a great all in one (aka cleaner wax) that cleans, polishes and protects.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks mike for the terms. And yes I did a short stint back in the late 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
            M21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0 is a synthetic wax often referred to as a sealant. Sealants last longer than a carnauba wax.

M26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax is a carnauba based wax. It's really a great wax. It has the highest Distinction Of Image or D.O.I. A quote pulled out. Try it sometime. You can get it locally now.

FYI a polish is what gives the paint it's gloss.

You may also like white wax. It's a great all in one (aka cleaner wax) that cleans, polishes and protects.
            The 'paint' is not being waxed, it is the protective barrier of the clear coat. you are enhancing the clear coat, you cannot polish the clear coat. If you polish the clear coat you will eventually wear away the mils. The substrate (paint) is the 'key' factor of presenting a high gloss. Unless more applications of a clear coat are used to build up the mils, it is a waste of time using polish. In the same respect, 'glaze' is supposedly an enhancing agent to bring out the luster. These steps are useless and meaningless unless you are working with paint alone. All cars now have base coat, clear coat; as the manufactures are somewhat cheap on applying more than necessary. Some automakers use more than others (clear coat). The bottom line remains the 'paint' where a lot of automakers are applying a thin layer. The clear coat has been added by the auto makers for ease of use when cleaning and as a protective barrier.

In the same light, one is performing all of the steps by using polish, then glaze, then a sealer, and with a top coat of carnauba. this is simply ridiculous. I just watched the Meg's compounding video whereas the Mercedes sitting in the background (Black) appeared with a 'plastic' look, "like mop & glow". That Mercedes was wearing a sealer for sure. Do not care for that plastic shiny look. It looks like a toy. Some may have reservations as to that 'sealer' look as well. To each his own. You just can't beat carnauba for that showroom, custom look, warm tone; with luster, glowing from the amount of ingredients (namely oils) in the carnauba to enhance the finish. The properties in the wax is the formula which makes or breaks a wax. That is why we trust Meguiar's carnauba over the rest. Mother's is a good carnauba as well, but we prefer Meg's.

Just caught your last paragraph. Love the M26, and have been using that for many years. The Meguiar's Mirror Glaze 26 Professional Hi-Tech Yellow Wax. It is a task to remove but goes on easy BUT, the payoff is outstanding. This wax is very hard (on the car surface) and beads well. Actually, I'm looking at a can right in front of me. I do not use it that often for it is a lot of work. The color is warm, but I like the warm accompanied with the wet look (or gloss). That is why I have been using the Meguiars Gold Class. The Gold Glass does not seem to have a hard finish, unlike the M-26, BUT just enough (middle of the road) that I really like. Many can talk of all the brands such as Wolfgang, M21S, Collinite 476, DoDo juice, Griot's, and the rest of the scented, colored waxes. This facet of scents and colors is a gimmick and has no value in the properties of the wax. No carnauba is 100% or it would be like a candle. Many claim 100% carnauba BUT this is a falsity. Maybe 47% is the greatest amount of carnauba one can mix with the oils and bees wax. I'm not a chemist, that is why Meguiars is there.

To sum this up, carnauba remains par excellance to me, my opinion. The synthetics and sealers are for those believing that it is an end all cure to carnauba, and it shall last to .......... However, the unknown still exists, remember that and the old is better than the new. Sorry for the long post.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarhead0754 View Post
              Thanks mike for the terms. And yes I did a short stint back in the late 90s.

I would imagine that two stints equal one rock.

Comment

Sorry guys, time for prayer. Good night and keep the faith. It is far more valuable than anything in this world, 'even wax'. Your assistance has truly been appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');