• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Yellow Stain in Crevices" IN Fiberglass- Chemical Guys XXX Hard Core Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Yellow Stain in Crevices" IN Fiberglass- Chemical Guys XXX Hard Core Wax

I'm seeking some assistance regarding yellow staining (like egg yoke) after using Chemical Guys XXX Hardcore Wax on fiberglass bumpers,and crevices ( where quarter panels or any other metal panel joins the fiberglass). We've always used Meguiars forever but decided to use the aforesaid product. Meguiars has never left any yellowing on fiberglass as the Gold Class is the current wax I use.

By the way, this is a brand new Dodge Challenger, white in color. Maybe with a black or darker color the yellow staining may not be obvious, "on white you can see it".

There doesn't seem to be an issue on the metal, just fiberglass. Hopefully, I've posted in the right forum, if not administrator can move this thread. I have some photos but do not know how to post them. Thank you very much.
    Romans 3:20

Re: "Yellow Stain in Crevices" IN Fiberglass- Chemical Guys XXX Hard Core Wax

This is a supplementary: I contacted Chemical Guys and spoke with Michael who was very vague and misleading. Michael said to use alcohol and water to remove. I said that would not work. Michael said Chemical Guys did not have any warranty. I said I would start litigation. Apparently, Chemical Guys is carrying a disclaimer. I asked for the owner and he provided the name of Joanna Mendez. All information can fully be corroborated and verified.

The "yellow" staining cannot be removed and is embedded in the fiberglass: where the metal panels meet the fiberglass (in the crevices; lines). Tried bleach, vinegar and baking soda, wax and alcohol. I should have known better than to use this mishmash of properties which are mostly oils, unlike Meguiar's. When a product works, stay with it. Meguiar's is a highly regarded manufacturer of paste waxes, and other products. You can trust Meguiars.

I'm posting this thread to warn others with white vehicles, "NOT" to use any of Chemical Guys products. I shall move to the Attorney General of our state and proceed to the Better Business Bureau.

By the way, I have over 40 years in the automotive field detailing cars, and an intrinsic understanding relying upon mechanical aptitude. My vehicle: 1986 Oldsmobile was the lead vehicle in the 100th Anniversary of Oldsmobile in Lansing, Michigan in 1997. My videos are on YouTube. Whether this wax would cause this "yellowing" on darker color cars is unknown. Whoever has a white car, "Do Not Use This Wax", or any other Chemical Guys Wax. Everything has been documented for future reference. Thank you Meguiar's.

Comment

I would love to see pictures up closer of this area. I commonly use both meguiars and CG and have not any negative views of CG, nor of Meguiars.
      Doing the best I can with what I've got.

Comment

I know how to upload pictures from file but not with url. I have the pics, can you asssit with assistance. The Chemical Guys Hardcore Wax 'definitely' leaves an imprinted yellow (egg yoke) staining on fiberglass.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. You are not the first person to complain about their customer service.

I looked at the description of this product and pulled this fro Autogeek

Chemical Guys XXX Hard Core Carnauba Paste Wax contains 90% white unbleached carnauba plus 10% yellow carnauba, which make up 47% of this incredible paste wax formula. This pure white carnauba-based wax layers easily as many times as desired over any wax or paint sealant. One coat is all you need but it can be layered as many times as desired.
          Is it possible you are seeing the 10% yellow carnauba? Not really sure but it caught my eye. Have you tried polishing a small area to see if it will be removed?

There is a photo online from Dodo Juice showing how colored waxes can affect white paint.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Used: Bleach, vinegar& baking soda, soft scrub, and alcohol accompanied with wax. The yellow staining is embedded, "cannot remove". $31,000

Even used Scratch X

No, it's 'not' 10%, the stains are embedded. Chemical Guys saw the photos.

Comment

Used: Bleach, vinegar& baking soda, soft scrub, and alcohol accompanied with wax. The yellow staining is embedded, "cannot remove". $31,000

Comment

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]Two images inserted. Have more. I believe that the staining is visible.

Comment

Hopefully Michael Stoops chimes in with some more information that will help you.
                    99 Grand Prix
                    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Forgot to mention that Autopia Car Care has a dedicated Chemical Guys area.
                      99 Grand Prix
                      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                        Forgot to mention that Autopia Car Care has a dedicated Chemical Guys area.
                        What are you implying?

Comment

Well, I am unfamiliar with the person you mentioned, But any assistance is appreciated. Contacted Oates out of Pennsylvania.

Comment

Originally posted by larry0071 View Post
                            I would love to see pictures up closer of this area. I commonly use both meguiars and CG and have not any negative views of CG, nor of Meguiars.

I see you have a 'yellow' car, "same color of Chemical Guys, "yellow".

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                              Hopefully Michael Stoops chimes in with some more information that will help you.
                              Thank you very much for the assistance and forgive me of my rudeness. It is somewhat irritating to spend 31K and have this happen. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');