• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M101 VS M105 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M101 VS M105 questions

I know m101 has more cut than M105 but which one finish better, dust less, and clean up easy?

Re: M101 VS M105 questions

M101 will probably cut better and dust less with foam hence the name foam cut compound. In my opinion M100 and M105 are just as good. Both may dust a bit more though. personal preference I guess, price plays in to that too.

Comment

M101 has a longer work time than M105. Both correct very well. M101 dust less than M105. I would go with M101 if these two were my only options. Have you looked at D300 as well?
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by b-rad View Post
        M101 will probably cut better and dust less with foam hence the name foam cut compound. In my opinion M100 and M105 are just as good. Both may dust a bit more though. personal preference I guess, price plays in to that too.
        Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
          M101 has a longer work time than M105. Both correct very well. M101 dust less than M105. I would go with M101 if these two were my only options. Have you looked at D300 as well?
          I didn't look at D300 because I thought the compound was design with use of the microfiber pads to get desire result and using a rotary. The M101 and M105 seems like the most used product but open to suggestions. Also have the G100 still.

Comment

D300 will work with foam but may not cut as much. That being said we got to try this out at the special TNOG after SEMA and with the new burgundy foam cutting disc it works well and hardly any dust.

Comment

b-rad is right. I saw some good results at the TNOG using D300 on the new foam cutting pads. Don't forget about Ultimate Compound. It also works very well. It is derived from M105.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

I don't know if I read that right but if ur under the impression that d300 or the mf pads have to b used with a rotary that's incorrect. The mf pads are for the da and ur g100 would work well with a mf pad and d300 or d300 on a foam pad with the g100.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarhead0754 View Post
                  I don't know if I read that right but if ur under the impression that d300 or the mf pads have to b used with a rotary that's incorrect. The mf pads are for the da and ur g100 would work well with a mf pad and d300 or d300 on a foam pad with the g100.
                  After reading it again I left out part of what I was going to say. Using a rotary the microfiber wouldn't work and the d300 was design to go with the mf pads so I never thought about using d300. Pretty much looking for a compound design for rotary use with long working time, that doesn't dust much, easy wipe off.

Comment

If you are using a rotary and want minimal dust stick with M101. Like what Jarhead said above the microfiber pads are for DA polishers or at least the ones that MEGS makes are from what I understand. I guess I should have asked what your method of application was in the previous post sorry about that. On that note I don't believe that D300 is approved for rotary use though I am sure someone has tried it. Maybe Mike Stoops can comment on that.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');