• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Advice for Upholstery Cleaning Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Advice for Upholstery Cleaning Advice

Hi all,
    I recently got myself a DA Polisher from Meguairs and starting taking my car more then I have done in the past. And I like the results I have seen and I am now slowly hoping to do up by fabric upholstery for my Honda Civic which I have done almost nothing for many years. I know shame on me. But hopefully I can turn over a new leaf with your help.

Could you let me know what Meguair product I should buy and technique of application to remove this and after that the maintenance steps to keep them maintain in the rejuvenated condition.

Thanks your very much for your kind advice and tips.

I think you want to at least get a jug of APC in your life.

I mix mine about 8:1 for everything.

Have to at least start there.

For solid surfaces, you can apply with terry cloth, work in, and wipe off.

For cloth, you can apply, kind of blot, reapply, blot... then do a damp cloth blotting to remove...
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

If you don't want to spend money on $800 hot water extractor you can buy a Bissell for around $100. Also all you need is Meguiars apc 10 t0 1 1 and if that is not enough Meguiars degreaser 10 1 and then extract all junk out...

Comment

Re: Looking for Advice for Upholstery Cleaning Advice

Thanks Larry and murr. Great tip.
        Can i check what wil be the difference in using upholstery cleaner vs All purpose cleaner If I am going to use it on the fabric seat ?
        Thanks.

Comment

I am a happy bunny today. Cant find the APC in where I lived so I just used the Upholstery Cleaner Foam Sprays. Then scrub and the more soiled areas and apply some spray with water to help it foam better. Then a karcher vaccuum which could work like the Bisell machine commented above to vaccum and rinse. Finally I foud a good use for this expensive Wet and dry Vaccuum after 3 years ( Thanks a million Larry ). Result could be better maybe after I do this a couple more times but I am happy I didn't screw it up. Many thanks for everyone's advice.

Comment

Nice job. Night and day difference.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Wow, that looks great. Awesome transformation. Another option if you can get one, is a steamer. I use this one and it does a great job on carpets. Haven't had a chance to use it any any cloth seats yet, but this is what I would use. Spray some APC on the fabric and then wrap the steamer head with a terry cloth towel and go to town.

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!
              2017 Lexus RX 350 - Satin Cashmere Metallic
              2016 Honda Odyssey Touring - Crystal Black Pearl
              2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 - Royal Red Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by exploreco View Post
                Wow, that looks great. Awesome transformation. Another option if you can get one, is a steamer. I use this one and it does a great job on carpets. Haven't had a chance to use it any any cloth seats yet, but this is what I would use. Spray some APC on the fabric and then wrap the steamer head with a terry cloth towel and go to town.

http://www.harborfreight.com/steam-c...-kit-8823.html
                Wow I just got another idea on how I can clean the roof of my car upholstery without all the spilling effects with your suggestion. Just to check, wrapping the steamer with a towel is safe for that electrical appliances ? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by KY Gan View Post
                  Wow I just got another idea on how I can clean the roof of my car upholstery without all the spilling effects with your suggestion. Just to check, wrapping the steamer with a towel is safe for that electrical appliances ? Thanks.
                  Yes, I spot cleaned a headline with in my friends Tahoe awhile back. His kids had all kinds of marks on it. Sprayed a light APC and the steamer did the rest.

Yeah, the attachemnts that come with the steamer, one is a a trainable shaped one that has bristles on it. I wrap it with a towel and you have to get a good sturdy clamp to hold the towel in place. The steam is hot and burns. Let me tell you. LOL. I think I had one of my detailing pictures I did on that Tahoe or my aunts Acadia that showed the towel after I got done cleaning with the steamer. You might also Youtube some videos of steam cleaning interiors. They have been helpful to me.

Comment

Hey KY Gan,

I've got the same steamer from Harbor Freight and for the money it has cut my time in half or more and helped me clean things that I just really couldn't have gotten clean! I do recommend get more small round brushes that come with it. And a bag or two of good quality(thick) terry towels. ONLY.. use Distilled water!!

I have learned a lot from Meguiars Jason Rose & Larry Kosilla from AMMO on the proper way's and best Techniques to really clean Interior's! Found the 2 video's I have watched many times over and over to make what they say a habit or where it just becomes automatic and have modified their ways in with my technique/s ans style!

Jason Rose shares the proper way to clean carpet and upholstery using Meguiar's new D106 Fiber Rinse & Tannin Stain Remover.Jason takes all the mystery out o...

I LOVE detailing really dirty cars because its fun to show the client a before and after once the car is completed. In this episode, I use a VX5000 to clean ...
                    ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
                    You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
                    Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Kinder View Post

And a bag or two of good quality(thick) terry towels. ONLY.. use Distilled water!!
                      I would agree, I bought I package of cheap thin towels from Wal Mart and the bristles go through it pretty easily.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');