• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bulk Options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulk Options?

I am looking to buy some products in bulk to save some money, things I buy often. What products are you guys buying in bulk? I do PT detailing and seem to be spending a lot on certain products on a regular basis. Any particular products in the pro line available in bulk that are equivalent to the consumer line I should pick up? Here are the products I seem to burn through:

Hot Shine Tire Foam
    Gold Class Wash
    Upholstery Cleaner
    Dash and Trim Protectant (High-Gloss)
    Wheel Cleaner
    Detailer Spray (Clay Lube)

Meguiars all purpose cleaner, Meguiars degreaser, Meguiars hyper dressing, Meguiars express synthetic spray wax, Meguiars all wheel brighter and Meguiars d114. Where all you located? I love Meguiars because their stuff is great and economical; plus if you are local you should come down to their Thursday garage night and you can try some of their products. Furthermore, I forgot to mentioned I also love Meguiars quick interior detailer. If you want to know the prices of each product send me a message because all those products I just mentioned are mostly sold in gallon or 5 gallon sizes.

Comment

Re: Bulk Options?

I've bought the gallon sizes of APC & Windshield cleaner; both can be diluted 10:1 so they'll probably last me well into the next decade.

Comment

Last Touch (gallon) for your clay lube is very economical.

It's also a great QD!
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

In Perth, Western Australia I have bought APC (Gallon) and Last Touch Spray Detailer (Gallon) - (apparently this is identical or similar to Quik Detailer) and will now buy the Glass Cleaner Concentrate (Gallon).

Comment

D155 last touch is indeed cost effective. It can be diluted for clay lube or used straight as a QD.

Some of my recommended gallon sizes are

D156 Synthetic X-press Spray Wax (bulk version of ultimate quik wax)
            M135 Synthetic Spray Detailer (bulk version of ultimate quik detailer). This is not recommended for clay lube as it is to slick and you may not be able to remove surface contaminants.
            D101 All Purpose Cleaner. Since D103 is discontinued then this would be the one to get.
            D111 Shampoo Plus

For what you are looking for look at the following:

D143 Non-Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner. Be sure to read what it can be used on. This is considered to be the bulk version of Hot Rims All Wheel & Tire Cleaner
            For soaps look into D111 Shampoo Plus, D110 Hyper Wash or M62 Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
            D170 Hyper Dressing

There is no bulk versions of interior protectants.

You can use APC for upholstery as well. Or you can buy cans of D102 Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner. There are also the new D116 Protein Stain Remover and D106 Fiber Rinse & Tannin Stain Remover. Just depends on what is in your budget.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Also M21 instead of NXT wax, and D151 for a cleaner-wax.
              Originally posted by Blueline
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');