• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Random Orbital the same as Dual Action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Random Orbital the same as Dual Action?

I have a similar tool as t Maintanance that I have used with various Meg products albeit not really sure what I was doing from a technique perspective. I'm sure it isn't the best but for what I was doing it seemed to do fine. Even with it limitation relative to a real tool, it seems more effective, faster, easier and consistent than using my hand. And it seems difficult to get polish even when doing it by hand. I end up with some spots more polished than others.

In this string I see foam bonnets being mentioned a lot for such a orbital polisher. I have terry cloth bonnets and bonnets made from some very thin material. Is form what I need to find? My machine has a 9" diameter pad.

I have light oxidation on red (no clearcoat) and was planning on using this orbital with UC and UP. From what I've read the orbital will work for my situation but may be slow but my risk of damaging anything is minimal.

Comment

Re: Is Random Orbital the same as Dual Action?

Originally posted by MaintenanceFirst_ModsLast MaintenanceFi View Post
      Have no use for a wax spreader. I can spread wax on a panel in 4 seconds. Gonna toss out the random orbital. Seems like 1990s technology that no one needs anymore. Thanks!
      Well that will be your loss. Lots of people still use an orbital, and not for wax spreading. I apply the final wax by hand, however it is a excellent tool for light polishing before the final wax, and, if there is no serious correction to be done. That would be a job for a DA. My orbital is a GREAT tool for saving the elbow, and by applying a little pressure, does a darn fine job of polishing before the final wax..

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');