• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GoldCkass Car Wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoldCkass Car Wash

Hello,
    My neighbor complained that his lawn is being damaged from he suds from my Gold Class Car Wash.
    I read the label and it states theproduct is biodegradeble.
    Should I be concerned?

I cannot seem to find anything in the product that can be harmful too lawns?

Thanks,
    John

Re: GoldCkass Car Wash

How are you getting suds on his lawn?

Just because a product is biodegradable, does not mean it won't kill grass

At proper dilution rates, I doubt car wash soap kills grass, but if it bothers your Neighbor; I would make every effort to keep it on your side of the fence

Comment

I am not a horticulturist but soap is usually good for soil, it stops the water repellant but I think ARGO to the neighbour.

Comment

My parents grass is growing great at the end of the driveway... but perhaps overwatering is a problem if washing a lot, or getting to soggy/mushy, or some sort of grease/salt that is being cleaned off.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Also using GC Wash...the runoff area next to the driveway...grows like crazy.

If it makes a difference, the grass is "Kentucky Blue Grass."

Bill

Comment

Before building my current house, I used to pull onto the back lawn to wash my vehicles (gravel driveway.) I used either Gold Class or Deep Crystal Car Wash. Grass grew better there than the rest of the yard. Your neighbor needs to look elsewhere for his shabby lawn.

Just my
            2014 Cadillac ATS4 Performance in White Diamond Tricoat. It's loaded with everything but frickin' lasers!

Comment

If using D143 Acid Free Wheel & Tire Cleaner as often as I do to clean brake dust & grime hasn't harmed my lawn, I'd be willing to bet there's no way Gold Class Shampoo will. I've been using GC shampoo for the past 16yrs, and it's never made my lawn any less green.

Comment

I agree, can't blame us for crappy lawn.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');