• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheel/Rim Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel/Rim Question

Hey everyone,

I've been asked to detail a 2014 Toyota Highlander that sports the new Chromtec wheels/rims. My question is how should I go about cleaning these wheels/rims, since they are a foreign setup to me. Its like a chrome appearance wheel cover. I believe the actual wheel is alloy (could be wrong). I was thinking of using "All wheel and tire cleaner" on them, but don't know how they would respond. Any one with advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

Do you have any pictures you can provide by doing some research online or something that comes close to the rims you are referring to?

Comment

Re: Wheel/Rim Question

I would say yes, although the Non-Acid Wheel and Tire Cleaner, or the Aluminum Wheel Cleaner could be even milder/safer.

Or soap and water if not bad...
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Factory wheels are typically clear coated. I agree with Murr. Don't forget about DUB wheel cleaner. It has a PH of 7 and safe on all wheels.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Comment

Comment

I detail cars for a living also work for a Toyota dealership I use wheel bright for heavy break dust if not bad use all purpose all from Maguire's

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');