• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Incredible Hulk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Incredible Hulk

They can be applied by hand. Of course a DA will always give you better results since your arms can only do so much. It also saves you lots of time. You can get one when you are ready. There is also the DA Power System which is between doing things by hand and by DA. Check it out.

99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

I was looking towards that but seemed awkward like instability issues. Have you tried it out?

Comment

I was looking towards that but seemed awkward like instability issues. Have you tried it out?

Comment

I have never used it. I was already using a DA by the time this came out. From the other videos and threads I have seen it works very well.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Yeah want to purchase a DA but requires quite of bit of $$. Might consider to trying out that DA and which one do you all recommend the most kind of want to get to the professional series, are these series better than gold class, ultimate and white/black wax? Also do the professional series bead water? Really considering M07 or M26

Comment

O'reilly near me only had M05 M07 M26

Comment

There is some good info here regarding a DA.

As far as your question regarding the various waxes and which is better. It's not really of what is better but the target group that Meguiar's associates with each lineand what you are looking for. Synthetics (sealants) last longer than a carnauba. Typical durability for a synthetic is 4-6 months and 1-3 months for a carnauba. Depends on the overall environment.

White wax and black wax are cleaner waxes or often referred to as an all in one. Meaning they clean, polish and protect. White wax has more cleaning abilities and black wax has more polishing abilities. They can be used on any color. These are carnauba waxes.

Ultimate wax is not a really a wax. It is a synthetic wax (sealant). It is the longest lasting protection currently on the market from Meguiar's. Paint Protect 365 will be the new longest lasting protection in a couple months. The term wax is used on ultimate wax because the average consumer doesn't know the different between a sealant and a carnauba. They just want to "wax".

Gold class is a carnauba wax as is M26. Although M26 could be considered a hybrid. Both are good. I'm a fan of M26. it has the highest D.O.I (Distinction of Image) which allows it to bend light.

If you want longest lasting protection then look into a synthetic like ultimate wax, NXT 2.0 or M21. If you enjoy the warm look of a carnauba then look into gold class or M26.

M7 is a glaze. It is pure polishing oils. It can fill in minor imperfections. It offers no protection. It works great on single stage paints. It works good on modern clear coats but a polish such as M205 or ultimate polish can give good results without the need for a glaze.

What are you looking for? Protection? Looks?
                99 Grand Prix
                02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by filisautodetail View Post
                  O'reilly near me only had M05 M07 M26
                  When founds allow I would get all three of them great products. M05 & M07 are the same but M05 can be used in hot & humid conditions, were as M07 don't do so well.

Always kept with me when I mobile Detailed, the two best pure polishes in my book! And as for as M26 goes it's a great wax!!
                  ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
                  You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
                  Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Thanks for all the clarification The Guz and will make sure to purchase that M26 sometime this week my gf want me to wash and wax her Vw Jetta

Comment

Here you go.

Can't beat the price of $100 for a slightly used G110. Give Vega at Autopia Car Care a call.

I've got a few 'open box' polishers for sale. Some of these we've had to open to demo for shows, so they have a couple hours of use on them.
                      99 Grand Prix
                      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');