• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad Experience with High Gloss Hot Shine Tire Spray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Experience with High Gloss Hot Shine Tire Spray

HELP.....my High Gloss Hot Shine Tire Spray does not give my tires the deep wet look. Did I get a bad batch? I've used Meguiar's products before and have never had a bad experience until this product. Very disappointed.

Re: Bad Experience with High Gloss Hot Shine Tire Spray

to MOL camaromom

I've used Meguiar's Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel & Meguiar's D170 Hyper Dressing for years now and have found that on some of my customer's tires I just didn't get the look or gloss that I wanted. They can be a couple of factor's that has a roll in the outcome often times I have found, rather were talking about tire's, paint or ect.
    1) Was the tires scrubbed well and good enough with a tire cleaner? Sometimes driving down the road when it's raining cars in the past and present leak's oil, fuel, fluids, gas and diesel fuel just to mention a few on the road and it soaks in and then mother nature takes over with heat-humidity and when raining and your driving down the road the cars in front of you are covering your paint, glass and tires and rims as well as going through your own track's throw's all this grud & grim over everything. Now if your tires in this case isn't protected or as set for a long time and the sun has dryed it on your tires, you may have to reclean & scrub your tires twice.

2)Did you try applying a second coat? Personally I don't like to spray anything directly on my tires because of the over spray getting onto my paint, and the fact that while spraying, some air/breeze could come through/by and you my not have got a good even coverage directly on the surface of the tire/s.

*Is all your tires like this or just certain one/s?
    *Is this the first time you have used this product, how I'm reading your thread?
    *what product do you use to scrub your tires?
    Sorry for all the questions and responses but to help you further we need more description.
    ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
    You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
    Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Re: Bad Experience with High Gloss Hot Shine Tire Spray

Welcome to MOL.

Daniel has some good advice and the only thing I have to add is that some tires play well with a tire dressing and some don't.

I agree that giving the tires a good cleaning prior to applying a tire dressing works best.

A little more information will help us out.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');