• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first look-around here for a cleaner/wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first look-around here for a cleaner/wax

OMG so many products and opinions!

What brought me here today was... I got a sample of Solo Cut & Polish Cream #86 and am wow'd by the results on the bright-aluminum on my 1987 Jeep. So I came here for other recommendations.

1) A polish/wax with the "no white residue" thing (2014)

2) I have a long history of detailing... And still in search for a product with the same results of Dupont-7 paste-wax. I want that same finish where my rag will run off the ever-so-lightly-slanted hood... A pipe-dream. (The 70's)

Help?

Re: My first look-around here for a cleaner/wax

1) I don't know of a Meguiar's cleaner wax that won't stain trim. However, I know the new White Wax can stain trim if allowed to dry, but if wiped off before drying, it's fine.

2) I can achieve this with my final wipe terry towel cloth after using M21 or UW. It's the reason I like using terry towel for my final wipe - it shows just how slick the paint is and you can 'feel' if you've missed any areas. Because MF towels are so "grippy", it's hard to achieve that with an MF towel. So I buff the wax off with a MF towel, but do a light final wipe with a clean, dedicated terry towel.

btw I hope by "rag" you mean MF towel?
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');