• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint Protect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Paint Protect - 365 Day Durability

Sorry guys, false alarm. Nothing to see here.

Car must have been too dirty. After a day of rain I have beading again.

On a side note- it was warm (65-70ish) when I applied it. Maybe that is important.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the cold temp killed the curing. I also applied Paint Protect to my brother's Camry which sits outside 24/7 and beading is excellent on all panels, horizontal AND vertical.
      2014 Cadillac ATS4 Performance in White Diamond Tricoat. It's loaded with everything but frickin' lasers!

Comment

I bought PP365 last month and haven't used it on anything until tonight. Our '12 Fusion is Metallic Black (Tuxedo Black as Ford calls it) and since buying it back in June of 2013, it hasn't ever been waxed, and hand washed maybe once or twice. Well, yesterday it went from being sprayed off to being wiped down with Last Touch to getting waxed with Black Wax on the PC. What can I say, overcast days are the perfect detailing days! Anyways, the car looked waaaaaay better after the Black Wax; better than when we bought it. What car doesn't look better even after just a proper waxing compared to a dealership detail, right?! I even had someone ask me if it was a new car later in the day yesterday. The metallic really pops now. So knowing about how often the car does, or doesn't I should say, get washed and waxed, I figured I'd use PP365 on the horizontal surfaces today for some extra protection from the sun. Of course, that turned into doing the entire car!

PP365 is very slick and a little does go very far. It's safe to say that I probably used too much. It was cooling off as I started this little project when the sun started going down, but it ended up sitting on the paint for about 20 minutes before I started removal. Despite the time of day, it was probably still in the 60's and the paint even warmer as it was in the sun pretty much all day. I had to wipe a little more than I would have with a "normal" wax, but that was to be expected due to the nature of the product, the paint being on the warmer side and using too much product. The paint looks quite slick and I intend on letting it cure, untouched for at least a week (it'll probably end up being about 1.5-2 weeks and then I'll wash it and see what happens.

Comment

I don't know if anyone's asked this already, but aside from the water beading, does this provide any other protection? does it at least have some UV protection for the paint because I don't see it anywhere.

Comment

Here is a pic of my brother's old Camry:

Beading nicely. Car sits outside 24/7.
            2014 Cadillac ATS4 Performance in White Diamond Tricoat. It's loaded with everything but frickin' lasers!

Comment

Originally posted by evomacky View Post
              I don't know if anyone's asked this already, but aside from the water beading, does this provide any other protection? does it at least have some UV protection for the paint because I don't see it anywhere.
              It does have UV protection. This was asked earlier on in the thread by me. I too wanted UV protection.

Comment

Hi from Malaysia.
                Just bought a Subaru SUV XV
                Black in colour. Car saleman suggested that I should
                do a paint coating to protect my paint from sun and other
                dirt. Paint coating costs around USD 700-1500 over here.
                My question: Is this required? I prefer DIY and Meguiars
                products.Car is three months old.
                Appreciate advice.

Comment

A coating is not required. All that's needed is a routine waxing with a quality product and Meguiar's has plenty of those. (For a lot less money than 700-1500 USD)
                  Don
                  12/27/2015
                  "Darth Camaro"
                  2013 Camaro ... triple black
                  323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

That much?! 700-1500 USD? You're better off just doing that detailing yourself. I would:

Wash
                    Clay
                    A cleaner wax like black wax
                    Finish it up with Ultimate wax
                    Maintain regularly with weekly car wash
                    Ultimate Quik Detailer and Ulimate Quik Wax

Or you can ultimate polish for more depth and slight cleaning ability,
                    then apply paint protect

With these steps and products, you'll barely touch 350.00 USD

Comment

Originally posted by jirehone7 View Post
                      Just bought a Subaru SUV XV Black in colour.
                      Car salesman suggested that I should do a paint coating to protect my paint from sun and other dirt.
                      My question: Is this required? I prefer DIY and Meguiars products.Car is three months old.
                      Appreciate advice.
                      IMHO If you own black and want it to look nice and stay looking nice learn to maintain it yourself.
                      This means everything from a very clean two bucket wash method to removing slight wash swirls.
                      Protect your paint from other dirt? Keep it clean, keep it coated with a quality wax/sealant & enjoy.
                      Coatings are not required. If you refer DIY and Megs products than by all means do what you like.
                      BTW : Did the car salesman mention that he could have Rusty Jones take care if that for you???

Originally posted by Blueline
                      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Merlin - A Miracle Detailing

YouTube - Facebook - - Instagram

Comment

• I can live without Beading

Any chance for updated version of Medallion ? And the Mirror Benz lol

Comment

Well, I hope this question doesn't just get lost in all these replies, but I will ask it anyways.

Even when I don't have time to keep up on detailing I lole to keep my headlights waxed to prevent if damage down the road. Waxes typically do not last very long for that between the 24/7 exposure and then the highway wind and debris buffing. How long should I wait between reapplications? Can I top with a wax? And will claying remove pp365 should I want a to?
                          2011 F150 5.0L 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Buck91 View Post
                            Well, I hope this question doesn't just get lost in all these replies, but I will ask it anyways.

Even when I don't have time to keep up on detailing I lole to keep my headlights waxed to prevent if damage down the road. Waxes typically do not last very long for that between the 24/7 exposure and then the highway wind and debris buffing. How long should I wait between reapplications? Can I top with a wax? And will claying remove pp365 should I want a to?

If you want to keep the maximum amount of protection on your headlights, I would guess that because of their high exposure to kicked up dust, dirt and water spray, to wax them 2-3 times a month. I rewax my whole CAR 2-3 (or more) times a month, but that's because I like doing it more than any other reason.

Yes you can top PP365 with a carnauba wax.

As for the claying, I'm not in the camp that says claying will remove wax, I feel that only compounding or polishing with an abrasive will totally remove a strong coat of wax UNLESS you are using a very aggressive clay.
                            Don
                            12/27/2015
                            "Darth Camaro"
                            2013 Camaro ... triple black
                            323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

So what's your gut feeling on the Paint Protect guys? Will this truly be Meguairs longest lasting most durable LSP?
                              2019 Ford F-150 XLT SPORT 4X4 Ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by Don View Post
                                If you want to keep the maximum amount of protection on your headlights, I would guess that because of their high exposure to kicked up dust, dirt and water spray, to wax them 2-3 times a month. I rewax my whole CAR 2-3 (or more) times a month, but that's because I like doing it more than any other reason.

Yes you can top PP365 with a carnauba wax.

As for the claying, I'm not in the camp that says claying will remove wax, I feel that only compounding or polishing with an abrasive will totally remove a strong coat of wax UNLESS you are using a very aggressive clay.
                                I do wax the headlights pretty frequently but want something longer lasting if possible. Will pp365.provide enough uv protection by its self?
                                2011 F150 5.0L 4x4

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');