• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint Protect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Paint Protect - 365 Day Durability

I don't know where the heck I have been at just now reading about this new product and wanting to try it out. Glad to know I can go to Autozone and get it. I haven't made it through all of threads yet but I like what this offers.
    2017 Lexus RX 350 - Satin Cashmere Metallic
    2016 Honda Odyssey Touring - Crystal Black Pearl
    2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 - Royal Red Metallic

Comment

Anyone who has tried PP 365 have a durability updated? How is it holding up?

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
      "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Thanks for the replies!!!

Comment

I had some time before I went to work to use 365. I polished out the hood on my daily driver with M205, followed by DP Prep Polish to remove the oils from M205 and then applied 365. DP Prep Polish is optional. I am just curious to see how it bonds to paint with no polishing oils on it.

Unfortunately my daily sits outside so it will not get the 24 hour cure in an enclosed area. The good thing is that it is 71 degrees here today so hopefully the sun's heat will cure it a little quicker. The low for tonight is 52 degrees. Looks like there is a 10% chance of rain this friday and saturday but that usually means it won't rain. That's the benefit of living in Southern California.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Washed the car and wheels today and cleaned the wheels with Griots Paint Prep, dried well and applied PP. Put a small amount in an atomizer spray bottle which made it great to spread it evenly on a B&S red hand applicator pad. Only took two sprays per wheel. Since it was 45 degrees in the garage let it cure for an hour before wiping off--no problems removing and the wheels are slick as eel snot. Now just wait and see how it holds up.

Comment

Picked up a bottle today Autozone. Will try it on my daily driver when the weather breaks. I still need to finish reading through all of the threads to see what I am missing.
              2017 Lexus RX 350 - Satin Cashmere Metallic
              2016 Honda Odyssey Touring - Crystal Black Pearl
              2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 - Royal Red Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by Meticulous-Detail View Post
                I applied it to my wife's van on 18th of January. I rinsed the salt off of it a few weeks after that but no wash since then. When I wash it I will post pics and report on it in this thread. Currently the van is crusty with road salt.
                2014 Cadillac ATS4 Performance in White Diamond Tricoat. It's loaded with everything but frickin' lasers!

Comment

• Just picked up some yesterday,can't wait to try it.

Comment

FINALLY got the Jeep out in some rain. That beading is INSANE on the hood. It beads so much the hood really never gets wet! I think it beads better than the rainx on the windshield.
                    Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                    Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Should have posted some photos. Curious to see what you are seeing.
                      99 Grand Prix
                      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Funny you say that. Normally I would have several photos of the beading but lately Ive not been myself. Life is getting in the way of my normal self...
                        Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                        Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I am curious to see how you're beads look compared to the review I wrote and the review for Loach as we have experienced similar beading.
                          99 Grand Prix
                          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by Meticulous-Detail View Post
                            Originally posted by paulcr39 View Post
                            I applied it to my wife's van on 18th of January. I rinsed the salt off of it a few weeks after that but no wash since then. When I wash it I will post pics and report on it in this thread. Currently the van is crusty with road salt.
                            Well no pics were taken as I was utterly surprised by the failure of this product. Since I applied it in my heated garage I hoped it had cured before the garage cooled down that night. Garage was up around 55-60* F, but the humidity was high and like I said the heater was off after I left the garage, so most likely I was the culprit in it's failure. I will reapply it in a month or so when the temperatures are up higher day and night and the van gets it's spring clay, polish and seal.

The only places I had any beading was the back half of the hood and the entire roof. The rest of the vehicle did not bead or even sheet water very well. You ever wash a car that hasn't seen any car wash in years? Remember how the water just lays there? Yeah, that's what I had.

Correction: The right rear passenger window had it on it and it was beading better than Rain-x or Aquapel ever have for me.

UPW on the paint to tide me over until April or May arrive. I thought ULW was easy to apply but my first time with UPW blew me away.

Good therapy today...wax on...wax off.

I have complete faith this product will work as promised if applied in warmer weather and the product gets to setup as required. Meguiar's hasn't disappointed me yet and I doubt this will be my first.
                            2014 Cadillac ATS4 Performance in White Diamond Tricoat. It's loaded with everything but frickin' lasers!

Comment

As far as the product dieing quickly- there is a video on another forum of where it lost all beading very quickly.

My car looks like it might have lost it too- but until today I had too much pollen on the car (the pollen could break the surface tension). I will know this afternoon for sure since it is raining.

I am also interested in any follow-ups from others.

Comment

Rut Roh!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');