• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint Protect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Paint Protect - 365 Day Durability

Originally posted by fordf150 View Post
    Anyone have any new to add or experiences with regards to durability.

Personally, I've used it several times. The slickness seems to dissipate rather quickly when compared to something like UPW, at least IMO. For me it seems to continue beading for quite some time. I would say from a casual observation it seems to bead for 2-3 months with weekly (sometimes every other week) tunnel washes, nothing scientific however. UPW seems to keep the slickness longer IMO.
    Almost at a year with one of my cars with PP365. Mag chloride did the lower portions of it in early, but the halfway up the doors and above? Still going strong.

Comment

I am hoping the combination of PP and ULW will work well in the California sun as the Roush is back outside 24/7 again after being booted out of the garage by the ST. I washed the car today after applying PP last Friday. ULW was applied a few months back when the Roush was still in the garage.

I've got PP on two of the three vehicles now. I just applied it to the single stage paint F150 yesterday to hopefully help combat the sun destroying the other waxes I've been putting on the paint. The Fusion was in the body shop earlier this year and had PP applied last fall, though I can tell it needs another coat now.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BkvHqhthvGc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
        I am hoping the combination of PP and ULW will work well in the California sun as the Roush is back outside 24/7 again after being booted out of the garage by the ST. I washed the car today after applying PP last Friday. ULW was applied a few months back when the Roush was still in the garage.

I've got PP on two of the three vehicles now. I just applied it to the single stage paint F150 yesterday to hopefully help combat the sun destroying the other waxes I've been putting on the paint. The Fusion was in the body shop earlier this year and had PP applied last fall, though I can tell it needs another coat now.
        Wait 7-10 days before you top it so you get the maximum performance out of 365. If it were me I'd stick with D156 or UQW as a topper. Not only is it quick but you can do it after every wash as a drying aid or every other wash.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

On the truck, I don't think I'm going to top it with anything as the different waxes I've been putting on don't seem to be lasting too long for some reason. I've never had this issue before :/ At this point, I'm just looking to put something very durable on it so the paint doesn't oxidize up on me so quickly.

My other cars, yes. That is precisely why I waited 7 days to even wash it, based on what Mike had said about PP. I may even just top the other cars with a second coat of PP as it seems to darken the black paint when applied. Washing the Mustang yesterday and drying with UQW...the paint looks terrific! Granted, there is a coat of ULW on the paint too.

Comment

So i got this bottle, but am confused. Read the thread. And it was said that no extra ordinary outsdide routine was needed- It could go over wax. Howevcer on the bottle it says that before i apply i need to wash the car with a schampo without wax?

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
            Jarred, there really isn't anything special you need to do to prep for this. Of course claying is always a good idea but no IPA wipedown or anything outside the normal wax application routine is needed. You shouldn't have any problems applying this over an existing wax so it should be able to fit into your scenario without issue.

We definitely do NOT classify this as a coating. It's a paint protectant, so it's right in there with waxes and sealants, except that it's crazy durable and the very thin viscosity of the product make the application and wipe off a somewhat unique experience in the world of waxes and sealants.
            Am pretty confused - however i trust more in what i quoted then what's translated in swedish on the bottle

Comment

The simplest answer is to wash, clay, PP365. Use a soap without wax so it does not interfere with the bonding of PP365 to the paint.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                The simplest answer is to wash, clay, PP365. Use a soap without wax so it does not interfere with the bonding of PP365 to the paint.
                So i did Turned out well i think (however i had it in the garage for 44 hours, when i took it out it started raining after 1 minute, but i guess it cured enough. Read your review and it said something about 48 hours before getting wet):

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                  you mean no compounding and no polishing?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rhnos View Post
                    you mean no compounding and no polishing?

thanks
                    I did as Guz said. I clayed (used 1/3 of bar on a 14 year old car that havn't seen wax in a long time, guess Swedish air is kinda fresh lol). So I washed my car with a schampo without wax. Clayed the car and then put on the PP365.

I guess that's the easy way

Comment

I feel that after applying PP365, it repels whatever i put on top of it like canaubar wax or other finishing waxes. It won't bond onto the paint and slowly became watery and runny.

Comment

Hi.

I have a question, Can I use Paint Protect on headlights and tail-lights made from plastic?

Comment

Sure. I've done lights on both cars that I used PP365 on and they're both fine 3 months later.

Bill

Comment

Me too. No problems using it on lights
                            Originally posted by Blueline
                            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Thank you for help, guys

Comment

Is PP365 being discontinued? Seems to be available only online nowadays. That would be a shame, as someone mentioned some time ago that PP365 works great as a drying aid and as such does a fantastic job. TIA...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');