• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Professional vs Customer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional vs Customer

Hi,

I would like to know more about the differences between Ultimate Compound, Ultimate Polish, Ultimate Wax on the one hand and the professional way with M100, M101, M205 and M26 on the other hand.
    Do you think the professional way is producing a higher level of gloss on a Mercedes paint?

Thanks

Re: Professional vs Customer

The consumer line products are often the same formulations as the professional line, just repackaged to be more retailer/consumer friendly. The professional line also provides a way to buy Meguiars products in bulk, which will save you money if you detail professionally.

Comment

A high quality finish can be achieved with both consumer & professional products. You will not end up with a cheapo over the counter results with any of the Meguiars Ultimate line. If you are just 1 man looking to detail your own car the consumer packaged product has been made to provide a great experience in every way with no corners cut.

Comment

Eldorado2k

A high quality finish can be achieved with both consumer & professional products. You will not end up with a cheapo over the counter results with any of the Meguiars Ultimate line. If you are just 1 man looking to detail your own car the consumer packaged product has been made to provide a great experience in every way with no corners cut.
        Agreed.

To add a little more information that should help. The ultimate line is as close as you are going to get to the professional line in terms of a consumer line.

Ultimate Polish is derived from M205. The difference is that M205 offers more correction while UP offers more polishing oils.

Ultimate Compound is derived from M105. UC is more user friendly and offers a longer working time than M105.

M101 was intended for the European market but due to the demand it is now sold here in the states. In my opinion M101 is an upgrade to M105. Less dust and longer working time compared to the short working time and dust using M105.

I have not used M100 but it was intended for rotary use if I recall correctly.

M26 is the carnauba based wax in the professional line. Ultimate wax is a synthetic and there is no equivalent in the professional line. The only synthetic that is in the professional line is M21 and that is closely related to NXT.

This video should help you out with the different compounds.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...tch-this-video!
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Someone forgot to say M26 on top the Ultimate wax produces sizzling results??
          That of course would be with the proper surface prep.

I use the OTC Meguiars and they all work great on my black GM car. I use M101 on the bottom of the door panels where most of my road rash resides. It just works a little quicker than UC.
          I recently bought the M205 to use. It is praised as a universal soldier of compounds. But I really like the Ultimate polish too.

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated:554903
            The consumer line products are often the same formulations as the professional line, just repackaged to be more retailer/consumer friendly. The professional line also provides a way to buy Meguiars products in bulk, which will save you money if you detail professionally.
            Only in a few instances... though they may seem close other times.

But yes, you can mix and match, buy in bulk what you use more of, no need to stick to one line only.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks a lot for the helpful words! That was what I wanted to know - how close are the different products - are they the same and if not how similar ... thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');