• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mercedes 12 years old - only used Wash and Wax for 1 year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercedes 12 years old - only used Wash and Wax for 1 year

Hi,

this is my 12 year old Mercedes E320 - I detailed him over the last year only with Wash and Wax anywhere (1 time a week) - nothing else done ... related to the weather conditions in germany (sun, rain, snow mix) and the fact that it is the daily driver of my wife - she is driving on the autobahn up to 149 mp/h - I'm really happy with Wash and Wax anywhere - so easy to use and such a fine result!

Re: Mercedes 12 years old - only used Wash and Wax for 1 year

Hi, It is a him , this one, did you check, just kidding. Nice car, and the wash and wax sure is good, when I use it on overcast days I give a longer on before rinsing off, as it has that bit of wax in it. Also once you do a complete process maybe compound , a polish, and apply a last step waxing , maintaining with this wash and wax does good work and also, drying with those great magnetic waffle towels, then using Nxt tech spray, I noticed it always looks good. Hope this is alright saying , as it is just what I have done as in many different products and methods.

Comment

I see you have detailed , my reading missed it, I should have used both lens of my reading glasses.

Comment

Hi, excuse my english is not the best ... The years before I used 2 times a year UC, UP, ULW and in between UWWA or UQD. This year I did not do all these steps on him - only used UWWA for one year. I want say: UWWA is a realy great! I think you mean that a good base is needed - that's true!

Comment

Ok I've got a question. Are those lights made of plastic or glass? I own a 17yr. old Cadillac with glass headlights and I love the fact I never have to worry about them getting oxidized and turning yellow.

Reason I ask is because they look pretty darn good. [I'm veiwing this through the size of a smartphone but it's the 1st thing that stood out]

Btw, I see you've compounded & polished the car in the past and that's a major+ Especially if you've done a decent job at maintaining the finish which it sounds like you have, or at least done a better effort than 90% of regular people do. Lol.
          But 1 thing you didn't mention... Claybar? If you've never clayed that bad boy, you Really should! And follow it up with at least a light polish on a finishing pad for ole times sakes.
          Just my 2 cents.
          Nice car

Comment

Thanks!
            Yes, I clayed him 1 time - but I saw no difference to the use of Ultimate Compound ... so I've never done that again ... the same with my SL - I was not happy with claying and so I used also here only UC.
            I do not know exactly, but I think the lights are made of plexiglas - 2 years ago I used the headlight restauration kit and headlight protectant - since that time they look good, so I had nothing to do - maybe the wax of UWWA helps here too. In additon to this the biggest problem is the stone-chipping on the Autobahn - here it is normal that you drive with 112 mp/h behind another car waiting to pass it to drive up to 149 mp/h - while this time often little stones get dispersed by the tires of the car in front of you and bang into the front of your car ... you can't avoid that if you want to drive fast ... so I live with that ...

Comment

Try the baggie test. That will show you why you need to clay. Google it. I'm surprised you didn't use any wax to protect the paint. Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere does leave wax behind but it does not last long. At least a spray wax in between like ultimatw quik wax as it is more durable.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Oh my god! This damn baggie test ... never heard about it ... I tried it ... you are absolutely right ... it feels awful ... you really can't see a difference, but feel ... o.k. I will clay again!

Comment

Yeah claying isn't really something that will rarely show a difference other then extreme cases on light colors like white with overspray. But claying makes a world of difference in feel, how long your LSP will last, and how easy it is to wash and do waterless with. On my own car I find it's easy to waterless wash twice a week but it's ridiculous how easy it is when the car is freshly clayed and even quik waxed.

Comment

Totally agree^

Comment

Beautiful ride, i like a lot that model, the headlights are the best for me.

looks great for only use one product, here in my country I have to use the entire arsenal in my car to make it look like yours.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');