• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correcting Audi paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Correcting Audi paint

The car has now been clay barred. I checked the hardness of the clear coat by using my existing Xpert products with the Megs MF pads. The product was able to shift the spider webs in the paint fairly easily but not a significant number of other scratches. The Megs 101 arrived by post shortly after and I used it on the basis that the clear coat was likely to be extremely hard.
    With a bit of effort first stage correction of the paint is now complete, virtually all scratches are gone as far as I can see and the panel wipe and interior leather treatment have been applied . There is no marring nor haze in the paint.
    To-morrow I intend to refine the finish by applying a combination of the Xpert 1500 Ultra together with jewelling polish and then if I get time I will machine coat the car with the micro finish in preparation for the Glare Pro Polish sealer.
    The car looks breath taking already but that is just black! I did not have access to a camera for the before shots but I will try to lay my hands on one before I give the car back.
    Thanks for all the help to date.

Comment

That's great. I'm glad it's working out for you.
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Don't you have a phone?

Comment

Why not just use the camera on the phone?*

Comment

Apologies - just read your email. The resolution is terrible!

Comment

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]The car is now finished. The last time I posted was at night and the paintwork looked scratch free. The next morning and in daylight a number of scores became apparent especially around the back bumper which had been against the garage door and which had not been well lit. I spent a good half hour looking round the car and marking any imperfections with sticky tape before spending the rest of the morning machining them out.
              It had been my intention to finish down the paint after using the 101. Nevertheless, having seen the mar and haze free high gloss finish following the use of Megs 101 there seemed little reason to pursue this approach. I used the Glare micro finish to prep and clarify the paint for the Glare Pro polish sealer.
              The Audi clear coat must be like flint as some sections required in excess of ten to twelve passes, some with a good bit of elbow grease, in order to eliminate all the imperfections. I was fairly discriminating in this with the scratch free areas attracting a much milder approach.
              Ignoring a few stone chips which I was not in a position to do much about, the final result was virtually flawless paintwork. The complete exercise took approx 25 hours.
              I certainly will not have any reservations using 101 on my own Audi which has a similar hard coat. I have attached a few pictures. I must say I am really impressed with the 101.

Comment

Nice nice nice! After the good bit of planning and effort you put into it, I'm happy to see you were able to achieve great results!
                Especially going up against that hard paint, which requires alot of patience and on the fly decision making.
                :doublethumbsup!

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');