• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The right one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The right one?

Hello guys

i've bought few items to paint restore of my 1995 corvette c4

Meg Da polisher
    finishing pad
    polishing pad
    cutting pad

and a lot of meg's polish and sealant, that's right would start with washing and claying Any problem here...

well my question is: after clay I take in mind two choices: use m105 or use ultimate compound?
    And in anyway I don't know which is the right buffing pads, I'm thinking to use the red cutting pad

Don't use the red pad with a da. Not recommended by meguiars. Stick with the yellow and black. But we can't tell u what to start with without seeing the paint. But start least aggressive. Do a test spot assuming paint its bad with the yellow pad and UC. And if not working step up to 105 and yellow pad. Followed by up or 205 and yellow pad. Don't use the same pad as used with the 105 or UC. U will need a few pads for the car and each product.

So get like 4 yellow pads for cutting and 4 more for polishing. Others will chime in into more detail, sorry I'm in a a bit of a rush and just wanted to get u started. But lets start over. Give us pics, and a list of products u do have and what ur goals are.

Comment

Re: The right one?

Originally posted by Jarhead0754 View Post
      Don't use the red pad with a da. Not recommended by meguiars. Stick with the yellow and black. But we can't tell u what to start with without seeing the paint. But start least aggressive. Do a test spot assuming paint its bad with the yellow pad and UC. And if not working step up to 105 and yellow pad. Followed by up or 205 and yellow pad. Don't use the same pad as used with the 105 or UC. U will need a few pads for the car and each product.

So get like 4 yellow pads for cutting and 4 more for polishing. Others will chime in into more detail, sorry I'm in a a bit of a rush and just wanted to get u started. But lets start over. Give us pics, and a list of products u do have and what ur goals are.
      In the meantime the Car later i will start with yellow pad and uc, will will post detailed paint pics later

Comment

Comment

Comment

i'm not be able to upload on forum directly my pics, so this is the link of gallery

this is the car now

Comment

The list products that i have is

clay bar mild
              ultimate compund
              swirl x
              color x
              nxt wax
              gold class wax
              ultra finishing polish
              ultra cut compound
              meg syntetic sealant

da polisher by meg
              1 yellow pad
              1 black pad
              1 maroon pad or cutting

Comment

Here's your guide:

Comment

Originally posted by Nuccio View Post
                  The list products that i have is

clay bar mild
                  ultimate compund
                  swirl x
                  color x
                  nxt wax
                  gold class wax
                  ultra finishing polish
                  ultra cut compound
                  meg syntetic sealant

da polisher by meg
                  1 yellow pad
                  1 black pad
                  1 maroon pad or cutting
                  Try a test spot first to see which products you will actually need. Let the paint tell you what it likes. Start with M205 on a yellow pad. If you like the results continue all the way around the car then wax the car. If you need more correction you can move to either UC or M105 on a yellow pad, followed by M205 and then wax.
                  99 Grand Prix
                  02 Camaro SS

Comment

Hi and thanks for your tips

here some pics of car before any treatment

Comment

Then the hood after wash clay and ultimate compound with yellow buff and da polisher.
                      well i have removed swirl and marr, but issue are these points. In photo. Seems like contaminats... But i don't understand
                      I've already used claybar and the paint is smooth now....

Comment

Hi guys

all the day workin on car had made me weary uff

well in these steps i was

ultimate compound with yellow pad speed 4 and 5------- ive used 6 sometimes for deep scars

color x with yellow pad speed 2

nxt wax with black pad speed 1

this is the result on roof

what do you think about??

Comment

You probably could have went with M205 after UC to refine the finish even more. Those spots in the paint are part of the paint. I have those on my car. I forget the term for them. But they are there either from a repaint or from the factory.
                          99 Grand Prix
                          02 Camaro SS

Comment

[QUOTE=The Guz;554675]You probably could have went with M205 after UC to refine the finish even more. Those spots in the paint are part of the paint. I have those on my car. I forget the term for them. But they are there either from a repaint or from the factory.[/QUOTE

Yes still something to do, cause paint is better than before but not perfect.......

color x and m205 are not on the same agressiveness level?

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');