• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clay lub for Profession Detailing Clay 2100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay lub for Profession Detailing Clay 2100

Can Meguiar's consumer line Quick Detailer (burgandy bottle) be used with Professional Detailing Clay 2100 "Aggressive"?

yes.

Comment

Re: Clay lub for Profession Detailing Clay 2100

The simplest, cheapest lubricant is the soapy water you use to wash your car. I have been using it for years with no problems. My process: 1. wash car. 2. Clay using the soapy water as lubricant. 3. wash again with mitt and soapy water. When I am done, the surface is CLEAN.
      Art Layton
      2009 Jetta TDI

Comment

*nods*

Comment

Re: Clay lub for Profession Detailing Clay 2100 -- Michael Stoops?

I think that i need response from a Meguiar's guru.

Just received my aggressive Professional Detailing Clay. The directions on the jar say to use Final Inspection or Last Touch as the clay lube. My question still is...is Quick Detailer in the burgundy bottle OK? I have a ton of the stuff that I use mostly for claying. I'll be using the clay on a windshield to remove overspray that a milder clay wouldn't remove.

Comment

Yes it is ok. You bought professional clay so it's going to recommend clay lube from the professional line. D155 Last touch diluted to clay lube is similar to the consumer quick detailer.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

^^^What Michael said^^^.

Bill

Comment

Thanks. Makes sense to me. I used to use Final Inspection and Quick Detailer interchangeably. Never noticed the difference.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');