• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guy w/ a question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy w/ a question?

Hello I'm Mike from MI. Wish I knew this place was here before now because it would of saved me time and money and hopefully I can get help on this little issue I'm having.

Picked up a new truck a couple weeks ago and decided to dabedge and all went well except one fender emblem. All came off easy w/ a little goo gone but this one not so easy and it has a milky clear where the emblem was at with the same shape. First is it a defect from factory and how easy to fix. Tried clay bar, polishing compound and was with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: New guy w/ a question?

How long has the badge been off?

I've seen a couple times where it just seems to 'dry' up after a few days, esp in some sun/warmth.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Did you remove all of the emblem adhesive left behind by the emblem?
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        How long has the badge been off?

I've seen a couple times where it just seems to 'dry' up after a few days, esp in some sun/warmth.
        Only been off for a couple days and not real warm around here right now. I'll wait a bit and see.

Comment

Yeah. Smooth as can be. Polished, waxed and all shiny.

Comment

Good news! Took it to the dealer and they were able to wheel it out.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');